FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. As my username suggests I'm a security guard looking to upgrade to Armed Security Guard. I've been looking around and really like the look and of the FNH FNP-45. (Just not it's $785 price tag at the local gun store)

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about a reliable service ammo as well as a decent rate on practice ammo (has to be first fire for the qualification range. 400 rds. FMJ)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I like CCI Blazer - but every once in a while - a certain gun won't like it - So, best to try it out. I've shot about 10,000 rounds of the stuff since Nov 2005 - nary a problem in many, many guns, except for 1 fullsize HK USP. That gun didn't like it (but my compact USP likes it fine). Otherwise, I suppose - winchester white box from wal-mart for target practice.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Winchester "USA" (the white boxes) for range.
Speer Gold Dot for duty.

Not a fan of CCI Blazer but I haven't used them in forever so maybe they've changed. Used to foul guns quickly (smoked liked blackpowder) and was underpowered (.44 magnum kicked about like a 9mm). This was something like 1990 or so.

Consider 357sig if you are not totally committed to the .45. Much easier to control and it has the added benefit of being necked which reduces the possibility of feed problems.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
kanthek said:
Winchester "USA" (the white boxes) for range.
Speer Gold Dot for duty.

Not a fan of CCI Blazer but I haven't used them in forever so maybe they've changed. Used to foul guns quickly (smoked liked blackpowder) and was underpowered (.44 magnum kicked about like a 9mm). This was something like 1990 or so.

Consider 357sig if you are not totally committed to the .45. Much easier to control and it has the added benefit of being necked which reduces the possibility of feed problems.
Actually, in 9mm at least - they are cleaner than WWB, and I find that they have a little more oomf than WWB.

I don't like Monarch for the reasons U listed above, however.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the welcome and the suggestions, now I just have to find the weapon at a decent rate. 785 is a little high, (read borderline extortionate)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts