FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Muzzle Brake I'm thinking about getting.

Im not affiliated with any aspect of this product. Now, anyone heard of it, looks impressive to me, but so did Olympis has fallen. Smoke and mirrors or is it for real.

Reactions: joeyhp

·
Registered
605 Posts
If it isn't a "Grizzly GunWorks" Muzzle Brake, then it's just a paperweight with slots in it !

As to the OP's Video, notice the downward "angled" muzzle blast at 0:55 (stop frame). That is what causes a nasty "Dust Signature", exposing the shooter if you're prone. Not Good, unless ya wanna be shot back at.

My 2 cents...

vfin

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
If it isn't a "Grizzly GunWorks" Muzzle Brake, then it's just a paperweight with slots in it !

As to the OP's Video, notice the downward "angled" muzzle blast at 0:55 (stop frame). That is what causes a nasty "Dust Signature", exposing the shooter if you're prone. Not Good, unless ya wanna be shot back at.

My 2 cents...

vfin
You can get a Surefire muzzle brake which will give you the option to attach a suppressor that virtually eliminate any downrange signatures.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
510 Posts
The brake is most likely as apt in performing it's role as your literacy is at its.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not impressed by that brake...it has a weird recoil impulse...downward back....not fan
would you agree its better than this, ironically the shooting starts at time stamp 5.56

·
Registered
324 Posts
Better possibly...SCAR IMHO has less "recoil" than an AR (I've had carbine, mid length and piston AR)

1. Surefire MB556K
2. BattleComp
3. VG6 Gamma/Epsilon

In order..the most effective brakes I've owned.

·
Registered
768 Posts
that guy was not moving at all in the video. He was leaning in pretty good though. Looked into this and read some less then stellar reviews. Decided to go with the battlecomp

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is a great brake, I have it on all my AR's and can assure you the video is not a gimmick! As far as AR's the Dragon combined with a good buffer spring and heavy buffer is amazing. I wish our issued M4's would have them. Only downside as with any brake it's that is loud as heck. I'll be getting my SCAR this Tuesday and this is the first upgrade going on it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a great brake, I have it on all my AR's and can assure you the video is not a gimmick! As far as AR's the Dragon combined with a good buffer spring and heavy buffer is amazing. I wish our issued M4's would have them. Only downside as with any brake it's that is loud as heck. I'll be getting my SCAR this Tuesday and this is the first upgrade going on it.
Welcome! And your second mod should be a new trigger, actually a new trigger will be ordered the same day I order my 16s. It makes the gun totally different in a much better way.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Dude you broke the cardinal rule :-D! You linked a PtMccain video as a reference.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
And the virus comes out of remission and REARS it's ugly head once again! Will someone please find a cure for this affliction. He is over on the Beretta Forum soiling himself!

Amsdorf

[HR][/HR]I want me one of them!!!

I'm thinking of selling my FNH SCAR 16 and replace it with this.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts