FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Five Seven, which is the first gun I have ever owned. I need some help on how to clean it, and what I should clean it with before I fire it first.

I picked up some "Polymer safe qucik-scrub action cleaner" by Shooter's Choice and I got some Tetra Gun Lubricant.

Are those safe to use? I've already cleaned the barrel out with the solvent. Please help.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Sorry man, but I have never come across either product. I personally use hoppe's and remoil and that works great for me! A lot of the guys here seem to use break free or CLP. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the break free CLP stuff really an all in one? Meaning does it clean, lubricate and protect? So I wouldn't need any gun oil to lube with that stuff? Sorry for all the questions.... again, I am new to a lot of this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it's cool. An all in one seems like the best fit for me. The two products I have... IDK. First the solvent... then some oil- that doesn't work for me. Plus, I'd like to use something that FN recommends.

When you disassemble the pistol.... do you spray that break free CLP everywhere then use the big black brush and whip it all down... what process do you use to clean your Five Seven?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Well, I'm a little anal with my cleaning process. After I field strip it I take each piece and clean it with break-free on either a swatch cloth or a cotton swab. I use a bore snake and break-free to clean the barrel bore (8 or 10 swipes). I don't use break-free heavily on the polymer parts. Once everything in shining, I put a little bit of clp on the sliding contacting parts and reassemble.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I really tried CLP (i have said this before, I know) on several occasion and it took me much longer to get my guns cleaned than i did using my normal routine. Try a couple of products to see what works for you best :? :?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
CLP is nice if you have a modern gun and don't put too many rounds through.
If you have a C&R or super dirty gun, I use Hoppes

·
Registered
20 Posts
CLP doesn't do the best job in each of the three functions, but the convenience of all-in-one more than makes up for this. A separate cleaner and lubricant might be good to use every now and then, especially prior to long-term storage.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
THANK YOU!! Some else doesn't use CLP!!!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I like CLP - I'm almost outta Breakfree CLP - then I'll break open that free bottle of WeaponShield that the company gave to some members free here a while back.

They were a sponsor, but the guy stopped answering e-mails and messages, and I never could get him to get back to me to see if he wanted to stay a sponsor (he sought out me prev)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love eezox. Do a search on it and you will find that it is great stuff. Like they said above. Different stroke for different fokes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts