FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks thought I'd join up although I haven't gotten a FN Scar 17 yet, but looking to buy one real soon. My buddy has one and while I've always been a Fal and HK-91 battle rifle type guy, I been reading and hearing nothing but good things about them. I like how accurate they tend to be and the overall weight of them compared to the two rifles I mentioned. I may pick one up in the classified here if I can find a good deal on one. At any rate Thanks for having me, now it's off to the classified.

Doug

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Doug, welcome to the forum and glad to have you. Good luck on your SCAR 17 search. You will love it once you find it, fondle it and shoot it. An awesome battle rifle in short!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on tracking down your 17...you'll dig it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug, welcome to the forum and glad to have you. Good luck on your SCAR 17 search. You will love it once you find it, fondle it and shoot it. An awesome battle rifle in short!
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on tracking down your 17...you'll dig it.
Thanks guys, I just sold a custom 1911 so I have the $$ to purchase a scar 17 now. My only problem is which color, but I hear around here the black rifles are more accurate. Really though I've always been a black rifle or wood stocked rifle kind of guy, but have been looking at the fde version also. Tough decision.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
you really can't go wrong either way right...sounds like your more of a black rifle man so I say go buy the black Doug. You can always save your $$$ for one in FDE later on if you really want it:)

Thanks guys, I just sold a custom 1911 so I have the $$ to purchase a scar 17 now. My only problem is which color, but I hear around here the black rifles are more accurate. Really though I've always been a black rifle or wood stocked rifle kind of guy, but have been looking at the fde version also. Tough decision.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the Forum. where in Mo. Are you located? Black Rifle in Columbia had some last time I was there.
Thanks BM for the warm welcome, I'm located around hwy 270 & 44 hwy. I've found one at a dealer around here but most ffl dealers around here want 3000.00 for an fde 17 plus tax. I can get one for way less online shipped free. I appreciate the info though, I'll check and see if they have a website.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts