FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, mine arrived Friday of last week. The install went smooth, except for Arms using nonmetric screws. :lol: Had a hard time finding the proper allen wrench in order to tighten the ring.

Installed the CMMG siderails with the mount. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. Boresighted the Aimpoint today, went with the 4moa M3.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Looks interesting. How does the rig mount on? Does it use both of the factory mounting holes as the stock sight does or just the rear mounting hold?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tqtran said:
Looks interesting. How does the rig mount on? Does it use both of the factory mounting holes as the stock sight does or just the rear mounting hold?
I got mine this weekend. It is the perfect mount. It screws right into the 4 holes in the sight base and puts the Aimpoint Dot at the same hight as the orginal FN sight. I am using an Aimpoint Comp ML2. Highly Recommend. :lol:

·
Registered
569 Posts
HK Shooter said:
tqtran said:
I got mine this weekend. It is the perfect mount. It screws right into the 4 holes in the sight base and puts the Aimpoint Dot at the same hight as the orginal FN sight. I am using an Aimpoint Comp ML2. Highly Recommend. :lol:
Can you still use accessory rails on the side? Thx!...
Tomac

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tomac said:
Tomac
Hmm, I don't think so, because, as you can see, the screws for the sight mount go through the 4 holes. Unless you get a longer screw that fits both. Might want to shoot Mark a note. I am sure he can get you a longer screw that would fit with the rails.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mark McWillis said:
Tomac
If you're using FN or CMMG rails they work fine with the screws supplied with the mount. I can't speak to other rails as I have not used them.
Nice, and thx! How do the screws secure? Do they have their own nuts or do they use the threads already in the PS90 accessory rail holes?
Tomac

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Mark for clarifying this! Great mount. The screws secure directly in the base of the Aimpoint mount.

·
Registered
569 Posts
HK Shooter said:
The screws secure directly in the base of the Aimpoint mount.
Perhaps I wasn't sufficient clear. Are the screws that hold the mount to the PS90 receiver secured with nuts, the existing threads in the accesory rail holes or what?
Tomac

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let me try this again. The screws screw into the threads of the sight mount with no nuts. I did not notice any threads in the 4 receiver holes of the PS90. The screws move freely through these holes. The mount is rock solid and will never come lose. Hope that this is clearer :wink:

·
Registered
569 Posts
HK Shooter said:
Let me try this again. The screws screw into the threads of the sight mount with no nuts. I did not notice any threads in the 4 receiver holes of the PS90. The screws move freely through these holes. The mount is rock solid and will never come lose. Hope that this is clearer :wink:
Excellent! That's exactly what I wanted to know, thx!...
Tomac

1 - 15 of 15 Posts