FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got a PS90 today and now I need to find some info..Is the Rec-tile always that hard to see. I find it very dim and hard to get target acquisition..Also how bright is it suppose to get in the dark.

IS there a way to make this into a flat top and maybe put a EOTEC 552 or Aim Point on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome BATF,

There are a few topics on rails; check under Accessories - Magazine Parts Optics Rail thread. The sight is crap. Nearly everyone ditches it for their preference in aftermarket sights.

Check out PRoject X- "TH"-admin and leader of the site is leading the way on doing what you inquired about.

Regards,
Wil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
''After I posted this I went and read the other topics..I guess FN has a Production problem and doesn't care about being able to see what your shooting at.
I guess some work is going to be needed and I like the Project-X..I only have a lathe right now and no mill yet...So I am at a disadvantage wit playing around.
By the way I go by edpmedic at AR15.com---Snipershide--and most of the other sites..I go by BATF666 at 1919a4.com M2Hb.com which is my next project, and most of the machine and gun smith sites along with Yahoo sites... :wink:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
On another forum, someone is selling LED lights they created to attach to the top of the stock sight - it seems to help. I just went ahead and got a rail and bought an EOtech to replace mine. Much better sight, IMHO...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like that Tri Rail that goes on the front and wraps around...I got some side rails from my HK.UMP45..I am going to see if the holes align..

Also do you know of PRE BAN 30 or 50 Rounders..I am told they are out there since this has been in production for some time in Full Auto..If they are how do you tell them from Post Ban's :?: :?:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'm not sure if it was U who asked that preban question on the 5-7 forum. But, I seriously doubt you will find any - since the ban was from 94-04.

As for the tri-rail option sold by CMMG - there is a pic of it on the AR15 sight. From the photo - the top rail sits higher than the optic rail U can buy from Magazine parts. I'd just buy the Magazone parts top and side rails - it is essentially a triple rail that way, and sits lower. That's what I did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks..No I didn't ask at the other forum

I will check out the rails at the AR15 site..

I thought P90's were made back in the start of 1980 or something like that...Will do some more research on it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got to finally shoot it today been so busy I had no time...At 25 yds it was right on didn't have to adjust the sight...Also outside in daylight it was very clear and easy to pick up and hold on target....Still it is not always going to be daylight so a 552 Eotec is going to be used...

Now I can't wait to get a FS2000 :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About the MAGS and PREBAN's

ShipWreck said:
Nope, they came about in the early 1990s, from what I have read.
The problem with the PS90 is that it was that sears or receivers were not imported prior to 1986 and thus no CIVILIAN will EVER own one in fully automatic.
I also spoke to an BATF agent who use to work over seas..He said they do make Pre Ban mags..There is a different in bullet head length and that there might be problems with feeding on a Post ban but he is not sure..

·
Banned
49 Posts
I also spoke to an BATF agent who use to work over seas..He said they do make Pre Ban mags..There is a different in bullet head length and that there might be problems with feeding on a Post ban but he is not sure..
I asked the question on the other board.....am I reading his quote that they Make preban mags....I thought they all had to be made before 1994....I also thought that the P90 was in service since the late 80's....so they (preban mags) should be around....as far as bullet head length....that sounds like BS to me....

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I think you are confused. There wasn't any "pre-ban" mags. There was however a wider p90(NOT PS90) magazine that was originally made to hold the SS90 about 14 years ago. The SS90 uses a bullet longer than the SS190. The SS90 bullet was dropped for the SS190 because of the smaller design that would be used for the FiveseveN handgun.
SS90 is on far left next to the SS190.

I have never seen SS90 mags for sale EVER. I have seen SS90 rounds for sale before if you are interested in that instead.

·
Banned
49 Posts
ShipWreck said:
user426 said:
I also thought that the P90 was in service since the late 80's....so they (preban mags) should be around....as far as bullet head length....that sounds like BS to me....
Actually, searching around online states: The P90 entered service in 1994
Before the Ban???.....I think the ban started sometime in November....but I could be wrong.....

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
you guys are forgetting something here.
NO ONE IN THE STATES used the P90 when the bad first started and it wasn't available to civilians until the past year.
So when you say a "preban P90 mag"??? I say, sorry but I never heard of the "Global" Assult Weapons Ban, only a USA AWB.

·
Banned
49 Posts
tqtran said:
you guys are forgetting something here.
NO ONE IN THE STATES used the P90 when the bad first started and it wasn't available to civilians until the past year.
So when you say a "preban P90 mag"??? I say, sorry but I never heard of the "Global" Assult Weapons Ban, only a USA AWB.
In my heart I know your right....but I was hoping, since I'm in NY and stuck behind an AWB.....at 10 rounds....

·
Administrator
11,368 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I couldn't live in NY, Wash DC, Chicago, Cali or Massachusetts
Live there - hell. I would not even want to visit there!

Althought to be honest, there was Fort Devens, Walter Reed, March AFB, and the UN. I guess that I will have to try Chicago....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts