FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 year old son and I took the PS90 (he calls it the Euro-Gun) to the range for the first time. We shot 300 rounds of SS197 and have the sore thumbs to prove it :) I've ordered 3 more magazines so I can preload before coming to the range. We shot off-hand and were able to keep 10 shots in a 4" circle at 50 yards with a little care. The center recticle covered the inner ring of the target at that distance.

Based on forum reports here and elsewhere, I was surpised how accurate the gun was. I'll shoot over sandbags next time. No malfunctions at all. The SS197 ammo also seemed to shoot to point of aim and not low like I've read in other reports. Very civilized dropping the casings straight down, but I still ordered the brass catcher because I'm lazy and will eventually reload.

Still undecided about the stock sight. I thought it was okay, but my son had a lot of trouble seeing the recticle. I'll mount my EOtech and see if I like that better.

Had more than a few people watch us shoot wondering what the heck it was.

This is a great forum too! For example, I learned reading the forum tonight that the PS90 has back up iron sights. I've cleaned it twice and now shot it but never noticed them. . . duh :eek:

Definitely love this thing!

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Hey, welcome. Nice report. Yes, the gun is very nice.

I shot someone else's stock sighted PS90 before I bought mine. 1 time was as the sun was going down. Did not like the stock sight at all. So, I bought an EOtech and mounted it on mine before I even shot it. At 50 yards on a sandbag, I can get 1/2 inch groups if I don't move the gun while pulling the trigger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.