FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a my 1st mag through my new PS90TR today! Man it shoots better than I thought it would. Kept a 4" group at 50yds with a cheapo red dot sight after getting it sighted in. I'm sure it would have been better it wasn't windy at the range. My question is about finding a better long term solution for an optical sight. I've read through most of the posts I can find related to a sighting mechanism of some sort. I tried mounting my EO Tech and it's just too high for my tastes. I'm using a 26mm Tasco Propoint with the dual color option for the dot (red or green). It works okay. I was looking at the new Leupold 1x14 Tactical Prismatic scope. I like the idea that if your batteries die you can still use the scope. Has anbody had any experience with this scope or not? Was that long-winded or what for a simple question?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use an eotech on all of mine, but I have two mags clamped together at all times and that raises my cheek rest about an inch to an inch and a half. You can buy them at magazine parts.com. I have never tried one of those. You might also want to look at a Zeiss site.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I like the Eotech too - this is my first rifle really (I've always been a handgun guy) - so the height and lack of cheek rest doesn't bother me - as I haven't really developed any rifle habits yet.

I think an aimpoint or c-more sight might sit a little lower for ya.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not sure if the Leupold is available yet. I'll post availability when I know for sure.

I put an Aimpoint on my TR, height is perfect and lines right up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The hunting version is just now ready to ship from Leupold, the tactical version won't be released until sometime in August.

·
Registered
636 Posts
this is what i got with my eotech at 50yds\\

·
Registered
42 Posts
The eotech is great for shooting from a chest mounted stance with shoulders squared to the target.....Heads up.

If you try to shoot it like a precision bench rest gun it's going to seen too high. :wink:

Try shooting a USG from a chest mounted position and if you're anything like me....that USSS Sight is too low to acquire quickly without having to scrunch down to it.

Don't get me wrong....I have the USSS sight on one of my guns and love it but for CQB.....I think the Eotech is superior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice Groupings

Thanks for the Info. I should have taken a picture of my targets. Next time I guess. Think I'll save my money for one of those new Micro Aimpoint sights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts