FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sig mosquito yesterday and i was just curious to see if anyone has shot one before. I have read about problems with them but i the owner of the gun shop has 3 and shoots all of them on a regular basis and hasnt had an issue with them. It may be just bad ammo/ poor cleaning....possibly. Ill post pics of it later but i was just curious to see if anyone has had a run in with one before. :-x

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I have heard mixed stuff about them. It almost seems like a crap shoot on whether you will get one that is trouble free or not. I felt the same way about the Walther P22s, but I guess they have worked the bugs out, as I hear far less complaints about them now.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I'm a big SIG fan, but I have also heard many a unpleasant tale about that gun... but to be fair... I heard terriblethings about the SIG Revolution GSR, but mine has been fantastic. I hope you got a good one.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill let you know how it works out for me guys.....Thanks

iCe

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have one and have had no problems. I too read all the negative stuff.
But have had nothing happen? Shoots good. I have used various ammo. Have yet to shoot CCI's like all the articles said was the only thing it would feed? Heard bad things about the polymer mags, But mine came with a steel one. I have yet to see a steel one for sale. If you know where to get one please let me know.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My buddy has one, and it has over 7000 rounds through it. He only shoots CCI Mini-mags and hotter aguila SMHV stuff through it and had it back at SIG once about 2000rounds ago for not releasing the hammer. They fixed it free of charge after a week turnaround. SIG is awesome when it comes to customer service in my book.

Great little plinker. Not exactly a target pistol, but pretty good and reliable.
Lot better than my Walther G22 was in the past.

·
Banned
112 Posts
I've heard good and bad. From what I've heard other owners say, if you keep her clean and run only the good stuff through her, she'll treat you well. Try to mistreat her though and you're liable to regret it.
So, its like any other weapon out there. 8)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys.... just shot it today....I LOVED IT...didnt jam what so ever. Of course i was running remmington ammo through it and put 500rds through it no problem. She is nice and clean now :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts