FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got a new PS90 this weekend and I have a few questions. I have looked around on the forum but haven't found what I am looking for so I was wondering if you all could help me.

1. My PS 90 came with the 50 round magazine I was wondering if this was normal I have seen some people say that theirs came with a 30 round mag.

2. What rail system would you recommend if I wanted to put an EoTech or an Aimpoint on my gun? the ones it came with are a bit high in my opinion. I can not put my cheek on the stock and see out my EoTech is there a lower rail that I can buy?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Purchased new or new to you? They usually come with a 30 but it's 2 minute simple job to convert to full blown 50 rounds.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mine came with a 50-rounder as well, I have an Aimpoint H-1 on mine and although it's not as low as the iron sight, it's not much higher, the Eotech looks like it would be higher than the Aimpoint micro (H-1)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the EoTech for my AR really but wanted something for the P90. I love my EoTech but was thinking of going the AimPoint route on the P90 was just wondering if it would sit high like the EoTech does, and what I could do to lower it a bit.

·
Premium Member
13,516 Posts
:welcomesigntb3:TO THE FORUM ChriSS AND CONGRATS! ON YOUR NEW PS90 MOST ALL OF THEM COME STANDARD WITH 50 ROUND MAGAZINES MY ALL DID.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
By any chance was the model marked LE on the label on the outer box (the brown shipping box)?

If so, it was an Officer purchase model and they ship with a factory 50 rounder.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
There are 50, 30, and 10 round mags. Depends on your local laws as to what mag it should have come with, when purchased new.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
The magazine capacity depends on the state the rifle located at.

I would go with an AIM point and low profile it a ith TROSUSA. I believe I saw a cool part you can put on the front lense to eliminate sunlight reflection for stealth on the manufacturer website.

congrats on your new puppy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey guys I just got a new PS90 this weekend and I have a few questions. I have looked around on the forum but haven't found what I am looking for so I was wondering if you all could help me.

1. My PS 90 came with the 50 round magazine I was wondering if this was normal I have seen some people say that theirs came with a 30 round mag.

2. What rail system would you recommend if I wanted to put an EoTech or an Aimpoint on my gun? the ones it came with are a bit high in my opinion. I can not put my cheek on the stock and see out my EoTech is there a lower rail that I can buy?
1: As has already been stated, you probably have an "LE" version. Check the blue box too. It should say LE on it. See mine below:

Box2.jpg

2: I had the same rail as you and the same issue. I purchased the Damage Industries' PS90 Optic Rail and used it with a Primary Arms MD-06 (poor man's Aimpoint Micro). Here are some pics for you:

Rail.jpg Rail2.jpg

I tried to overlay them to give you an idea of how much lower it sits.

...and here's what replaced both of them:
Black Reticle.jpg

HTH,
-Drew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys thanks for the replies,it's been a busy week for me but I think I'm going to go for that optics rail. But on another note I took my gun to the range today I should have got some picks but my sights were a little off so got those zeroed in as much as I could for a windy day. I put 100 rounds of AE through the gun with no jams or FTE/ FTF's. So was a pretty good day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts