FN Herstal Firearms banner

New PS90 owner, I just have a few questions on accessories

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  horse9640 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a new PS90 triple rail and I was looking for some 50 round magazines and I found some close to where I live. The guy is asking $75 a pop, which seems to be the average price on the Net. I think that is fair and I was going to go and buy two of them. What do you think?

I know that a 30 round mag can be easily modified to be a 50 but I spoke with Bob over at FNH and he said he does not agree with that decision. He said when they sell the mags they are all sold to dealers for the same price.(which makes sense) So 30 and 50 rounders should be almost the same price. So I am looking for Factory Mags and that is what this seller has. It sounds fair but is it?

I finally found a PS90 and I ended up paying $1729 for it, before all fees, 1800 after all is said and done. I know that is high but they are damn near impossible to find and the ones I found were between 1800 and even 2200, which is outrageous.

I also have read a lot off reviews and talked with some pros and they seem to like the C-More red dot sights better than the Eotech's. Does that sound right?

#3 ·
I think I saw some on gun broker last night for around $55 plus shipping, but they weren't 50 round mags.... though it's really easy to convert.

I've got 5 mysef, 4 50's and the 30 that came with it converted to a 50. I've got two clamped together, two singles in my case's mag pouch, and the last one still in the box unopened in my safe.

#5 ·
Wow nine mags that is alot of bullets! :)

I appreciate the feedback I think I will pick them up since as you stated ever since NObama got elected there has been quite a run on the gun industry and everybody is sold out and backordered. I have 4 mags for my glock and I thought that was alot.

#7 ·
Re: New PS90 owner, I just have a few questions on accessori

s4mur41h4x0r said:
Hi,

I just bought a new PS90 triple rail and I was looking for some 50 round magazines and I found some close to where I live. The guy is asking $75 a pop, which seems to be the average price on the Net. I think that is fair and I was going to go and buy two of them. What do you think?

I know that a 30 round mag can be easily modified to be a 50 but I spoke with Bob over at FNH and he said he does not agree with that decision. He said when they sell the mags they are all sold to dealers for the same price.(which makes sense) So 30 and 50 rounders should be almost the same price. So I am looking for Factory Mags and that is what this seller has. It sounds fair but is it?

I finally found a PS90 and I ended up paying $1729 for it, before all fees, 1800 after all is said and done. I know that is high but they are damn near impossible to find and the ones I found were between 1800 and even 2200, which is outrageous.

I also have read a lot off reviews and talked with some pros and they seem to like the C-More red dot sights better than the Eotech's. Does that sound right?
In response to your sight question, I have a C-More on my PS90 SBR and an Eotech AA512 on my PS90. I like the Eotech sight alot but prefer the C-More as it is smaller, lighter, and easier to obtain a sight picture with both eyes open. This is for range plinking. I can not comment on SHTF scenarios as to which sight is better of the two.

#8 ·
I like my Eotech - the large reticle is perfect for CQC.

There are two versions of the cmore sight - a plastic one and a metal one. The metal one seems like it would be more durable. It does costs more, however. I did not get a free one last year, like some people did, as I had my PS90 since Dec 2006.

However, I assume that the free ones were the polymer kind.

#9 ·
ShipWreck said:

There are two versions of the cmore sight - a plastic one and a metal one. The metal one seems like it would be more durable. It does costs more, however. I did not get a free one last year, like some people did, as I had my PS90 since Dec 2006.

I am going to have to do a lot more research on optics before I purchase any, but I feel that it will either be an Eotech or a Cmore(the metal one). I appreciate all the feedback.

I was curious though, am I able to buy ironsights or standard optics fairly cheap for my triple rail?

Oh and I keep seeing that FNH is giving away free stuff is there anything they are doing right now that I can get in on? 8)

#11 ·
s4mur41h4x0r said:
ShipWreck said:

I am going to have to do a lot more research on optics before I purchase any, but I feel that it will either be an Eotech or a Cmore(the metal one). I appreciate all the feedback.

I was curious though, am I able to buy ironsights or standard optics fairly cheap for my triple rail?

Oh and I keep seeing that FNH is giving away free stuff is there anything they are doing right now that I can get in on? 8)

have you seen the Trijicon Compact ACOG Scope? There pricey but sweet. As for the sights you can use the type for AR15s that clamp to the picatinny rails. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Iron-Sights-s/8.htm
I like the looks of this set

#13 ·
Re: 50-rd mags

blkbd said:
have you seen the Trijicon Compact ACOG Scope? There pricey but sweet. As for the sights you can use the type for AR15s that clamp to the picatinny rails. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Iron-Sights-s/8.htm
I like the looks of this set
Those sights are very similar to the ones on an HK MP5, they are just as pricey too..but they are incredibly nice. If I can't find a Pica set for cheap I guess I will just have to buy the Cmores! :shock:

#14 ·
About the optics: I use an Aimpoint H-1 with a Yankee Hill riser. I use the riser because I use two mags with a mag clamp and I needed my sight to sit a little higher due to my higher cheek weld.

The Aimpoint micro sight is very light, small, durable, and has long battery life (about 5 years).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.