FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Bought a used Ps90 and 6 mags, upon further review, 4 of the 6 mag look the same, but 2 have distinct differences from the other 4. Cant tell if there oem or aftermarket. Thanks in advanced
20150310_161249.jpg 20150310_161307.jpg 20150310_161321.jpg

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Welcome to Forum!

All are original but the 1 in 1st pic on bottom is the newer version has the pointed area widened for better traction and reliability, it also has on base plate a smaller release (Push-down button with a hole in middle)! The newer versions came out about 2010 and are made with better/stronger plastic!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hello & welcome!

I can't see the posted pics very well because I'm on my phone and the pis size won't expand enough for me to get a good look.

But initially, I think VZ is correct

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I know I am since I have a bunch from 2007 and recently bought some new ones and also got 1 new replacement mag for 1 of my old ones
from FNH which had started cracking! VW I would use the old ones 1st but on all don't slap them in place but use the mag release button and then push in place!

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know I am since I have a bunch from 2007 and recently bought some new ones and also got 1 new replacement mag for 1 of my old ones
from FNH which had started cracking! VW I would use the old ones 1st but on all don't slap them in place but use the mag release button and then push in place!
Grrrrr I hate it when people think they can slap it in! Most don't know it phukks it up.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

First time seeing these.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome to Forum!

All are original but the 1 in 1st pic on bottom is the newer version has the pointed area widened for better traction and reliability, it also has on base plate a smaller release (Push-down button with a hole in middle)! The newer versions came out about 2010 and are made with better/stronger plastic!
I agree with VZ
I bought some magazines from FN store and came in with the clean straight arrow and when I compared it with the older stock, it looked like the round arrow head.

Good catch on the push-button/smaller release btw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts