FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at these for over a year, so finally decided it was now or never...Ordered it online saturday, picked it up yesterday...pretty cool rifle...

Is it possible to buy an upper that contains a p90 barrel (or clone), and swap them in and out?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
CMMG sells receivers with short barrels already installed. The price differs depending on what optic you buy. If I remember correctly, a new receiver with the white ring is $799, and $50 more for the black ringed sight.

The stand alone receivers are not on their site (with the short barrels). But, you can call them and press the option for NFA items

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks...which ammo should I be looking for? ss195 or ss197?

Is this stuff reloadable?

Pretty stoked...figure I may as well go all the way and buy a gemtech silencer also while i still can..who knows what things will be like next year...

SHould I sell my carbon 15 9mm to help pay for this thing????

·
Registered
68 Posts
go check out the section for 5.7 ammo. I'm sure most of the stuff you want to know is already fully covered in there. I personally am going to use SS197.

Don't waste you money on the barrel. I say load up on ammo!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Load up for ammo.... :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello Glocke......

The PS90's upper is its receiver. Your best route is to form 1 it and install the barrel yourself once you get the form back. ONLY after you receive the form back should you install the barrel.

If you purchase an SBR, it must be form 3'd to a local SOT from the manufacturer. Once they receive it, you'll have to fill out a form 4 to have it transferred to you. Generally, the SOT will want $100 to perform the transfer.

Save yourself the time and money, just form 1 your PS90 and install the barrel yourself. It takes me about 4 minutes to swap barrels and about 3 to swap a hider / thread adapter (includes putting the tools back)

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Be aware that you void the warranty if you change the barrel.

I almost bought a seperate receiver from CMMG - already short barrelled. But they messed up the paperwork, and I had some other issues. I finally just cancelled the order after it took so long and they kept telling me different things (they even sent in their expired FFL instead of the current one, when they submitted their portion of the paperwork to the ATF).

But, I wanted to have 2 receivers - so I'd always have 1 original one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sent an expired ffl....that takes brains.

ammo:

From what Ive read sounds like stocking up is a good idea....ordered 500 rounds last night, will probably try to get upwards of 3k-5k over the next month or two.

Gemtech G5:

Is this a good idea or no? I read somewhere on here that there was concern about the fake ones putting stress on the barrel. Is this true for the real ones?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not sure about the Gemtech, but I use a Tac 16 on mine and that thing is quite heavy, being a full-auto capable can designed for the M16. No issues to report except the gun has gone quiet. :?

If a second receiver is desired, buy a second PS90 and sell the parts you don't need / want. It's a far more cost effective option.

You may want to keep the trigger pack too. Spare parts from FN are pretty much non-existant.

·
Registered
174 Posts
there a video tutorial of barrel removal/replacement on here anywhere?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts