1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Vendor
5,941 Posts
:shock: Looks Cool! Great job! Lasers, Lights and grips would work great on this!
I do have one question.
I saw the video and it looks like the quadrail when installed will lock the barrel in place and prevent it from it's normal movement. Am I correct in this?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it will lock the barrel.
The operation of the PS90 is unaffected since it is a blow-back operated system.
I have tested and tweaked the rail for over one year on two PS90's and have seen no degradation in operation or accuracy. Both PS90's shot about 1 1/2 to 2 moa (scoped) before the rail addition and the same after.

I think most people confuse the operation of the PS90 with the delayed blow-back design of the five-seven pistol.

It would be ill-advised to lock the five-seven pistol barrel, but the PS90 is a different animal and operates on a direct blow-back design.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Looks cool. :?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I really like the looks...and potential function..of this! Very cool!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Very cool

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got mine in the mail today & it's going to stay on as a permanent fixture. The fit & finish are as high as you can get - it makes the reciever look like spray painted cardboard.
Mike at MPF was a pleasure to deal with & I received the quad rail in record time. I can't thank him enough for such a well designed & made product - definitely military grade & alot more practical than ALL the other PS90 quad rails.
I'll be posting some photos in the next couple of days...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Let this be the end of the airsoft quadrails! If someone wants to go that route, it's good that there is a high quality option out there now. :?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, Still got a few accessories comming, but I'll get some better pics when I can take it outside for some more angles.
Just got the Mueller 1-4x24 30mm scope today also & it dropped kicked my Aimpoint Comp M3 right off the top! Man!, do I love this scope - got it on sale at their website for $160 & it's just perfect in the ultra low mount with the PP 1.5 butt plate.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As with any product it seems now-days you have to make people aware of the facts and opinions.

In response to the questions regarding barrel movement on the PS90 and it’s requirement.
I agree to the fact that the barrel moves, roughly 0.019" rearward in the five (5) PS90 rifles I have been able to check.
Having tested over 1000 factory rounds SS197SR in the PS90 with the quadrail installed over the course of a year, it functioned flawlessly.
The ejected brass appears to be visibly normal in every respect as was the function of the PS90.

I do not believe that the function of the PS90 is altered in any adverse manner by the addition of the quadrail.
However, we offer no guarantees or warranties to that effect.
We cannot and will not be responsible for any adverse conditions as the result of the application of this product or attached accessories.
We endorse the Caveat Emptor Doctrine, i.e. "Buyer Beware" for the product.

Warning: The use of this quadrail product may void the warranty of the PS90 by FN Herstal. Use of reloaded ammo or most any third party add-on may void the warranty as well.
PLEASE DO NOT BUY OR USE THE QUADRAIL if you believe it adversely alters the function or warranty of the FN PS90.

We gladly offer a 30 day refund including return shipping to anyone that desires to return the quadrail.

If you agree with our assessment of the quadrail product, we hope you enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A customer called to order a quad rail today and he informed us of a conversation he had with Mark at FN Herstal.
According to the Mark at FN Herstal, the addition of the quad rail does not significantly modify the functioning of the PS90.
The quad rail is simply an attachment.
The PS90 will function with the barrel movement restricted since it is a blow-back design.

Best news is that it does not void the warranty of the PS90.
Just don't send it in for any warranty service with the quad rail attached.

·
Premium Member
10,657 Posts
They do look nice, I had to dump my "old" style quad rail is it didn't allow any barrel movement and threw my POI way off.

I would love to have anybody that purchased one, give a range report ;)

With a 30 day money back guarantee and a blessing from FN how could you go wrong ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like a no-go for the California crowd that have to use fake cans or other barrel extensions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to necro this thread, but has anyone done a review? Do you have one on your PS90? How does the gun run with the barrel locked down?

I would like more info about this accessory before I get one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got one installed on my OD TR. I've had zero issues, but I've only run about 150 rounds through the gun so far. It'll get a workout when I get home.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts