FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a NIB PS90 and it came with a top rail and "iron sights". Is this correct for current PS90's? I've read about the ring sights that are supposed to come on them and that's what is mentioned in the manual........Thanks....

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
That's correct. I believe the railed Standard version is the only configuration offered at the moment.

Congrats on the PS-90!

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies......guess that means I get to choose my optics. I haven't been to the range yet, I'm in love with the PS90. I'm one of those nut-jobs who names their special weapons......the PS90 is "Sam"... Short for Samantha. Guess I watched one too many episodes of SG1!.....

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies......guess that means I get to choose my optics. I haven't been to the range yet, I'm in love with the PS90. I'm one of those nut-jobs who names their special weapons......the PS90 is "Sam"... Short for Samantha. Guess I watched one too many episodes of SG1!.....
If I had to name mine, I'd call it Hungry Jack. No matter how much you feed it, it always wants more.

Reactions: builtbyob

·
Registered
153 Posts
When they were initially marketed and sold they came with a factory ring sight which is why the manual still makes mention of it. Those sights went through a couple of bouts of evolution. Then they became a highly priced accessory/option. Some people liked them, many didn't care for them. PS90's just come with the rail now and you can optic-up to suit yourself. :x

·
Registered
128 Posts
Correct sights, I have the standard also, the only one that is made available at the moment. Get yourself a nice red dot or optical of your choice, because that peep hole is like looking through a hole made by a pin.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Latest version they are marketing, is your model.

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sam, eh?

Nice. :?

I first learned about the P90 via Stargate. I was fascinated with the aesthetics of the firearm, and it sparked my interest in owning a long gun. Up to that point in time (about 5 years ago) I had only played with handguns, primarily revolvers.

When I get the time, I would love to have, somewhere on the gun (neatly and professionally done of course) the word Indeed engraved. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I too got my PS90 very recently, early this year.
Mine was put out the factory door in October last year, and by that time, I think all PS90s were only coming out the factory with the standard sights. At least the PS90s meant for public purchase in the US.
I'm not sure what other sight offerings were available to LE, Mil, or other countries.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got mine last Sunday and I too was wondering what the deal was with the sight. Basically, I figured out what you are all saying here after quite a bit of reading in various spots. It is a bit frustrating that none of the factory sights are available anymore. I prefer the aesthetics of the fn ps90/p90 black reticle sight combined with the REM T3B to make it functional. To me, the PS90 looks odd with all the other sights I've seen perched on top of it. I've spent most of the morning confirming I won't likely be able to get what I want and now I'm not sure of what other option to go with.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I just got mine last Sunday and I too was wondering what the deal was with the sight. Basically, I figured out what you are all saying here after quite a bit of reading in various spots. It is a bit frustrating that none of the factory sights are available anymore. I prefer the aesthetics of the fn ps90/p90 black reticle sight combined with the REM T3B to make it functional. To me, the PS90 looks odd with all the other sights I've seen perched on top of it. I've spent most of the morning confirming I won't likely be able to get what I want and now I'm not sure of what other option to go with.
I believe Elite Ammo is going to be releasing an upgraded OEM sight very soon, they were working with the company that supplied them to FNH. Buffman may correct me on this and I have no idea what the pricing is going to be. Don't loose hope, they were supposed to be releasing that sight system very soon. http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-ps90-a...re-light-factory-illuminated-ring-sights.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe Elite Ammo is going to be releasing an upgraded OEM sight very soon, they were working with the company that supplied them to FNH. Buffman may correct me on this and I have no idea what the pricing is going to be. Don't loose hope, they were supposed to be releasing that sight system very soon. http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-ps90-a...re-light-factory-illuminated-ring-sights.html
Thanks a lot for the info. Guess I'll be patient and live with the iron sights for a bit then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts