FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only put 100 rounds through her but didnt have one hiccup. Ammo is SS196, sight system is a Bushnell holosight (poor mans Eotech, even though they make them).

It looks like I was geting about 1.5-2 inch groups at 50 yds. Given the floating barrel and 9lb 1/4 mile travel trigger I figure this is pretty much par for the weapon. I will get silly and put a scope on it at some later date.

Fun weapon to shoot and definitely gets attention at the range.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, 196 is the slowest of the civilian ammo, and it has actually been discontinued.

I've gotten some 3-5 shot groups .5 to 1 inch. I think I posted a 13 round target on another thread - shot at 50 yards w/ an Eotech.

With a few trips, U can close up the groups a little. BUt, yea, with the heavy trigger, it is hard to not move the gun when U fire.

Not bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its possible that it needs a bit of breaking in as well. My M1A needed it and I have it shooting .5 MOA with match ammo and a 10X Leupold tactical scope on an ARMS mount.

Yeah.. I read that the SS196 is the pokey stuff. I will get something a bit hotter next time.. Ammo is key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts