FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[HR][/HR] HH[HR][/HR]New QD mount from IWC for Left Handed SCAR owners. I will paste the email I received about these mounts and when they will be ready. I know I'm getting a couple. ( I am currently running their 45deg rail mount on the front. and will be soon installing their QD Micro Mount-N-Slot in the butt stock ) (The last photo is of my rifle showing their super low profile 45deg rail mount on the front of my 17) Here is his info he sent me and then photos. (hope to someday get this forum thing figured out to make these things look more professional and lined up. Sorry!) :p
"They're made from 303 Stainless and Black Melonitecoated. Cross-bolt design w/ T25 TORX & 9/64 SOCHDCAP 1/8" screwsincluded. Single fastener for superior strength. Rotation limited socketprevents swivel from hitting stock when folded.
These just came off the CNC, they go to Melonite platingthis week,
then back for laser engrave and on the site for sale/ shipping by March 7...
Impact Weapons Components

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG IMG_5384.JPG

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks for the info, Nice Rig, what scope mount are you using ,ADM ? looks good & what's on your ext. rail 3 o-clock @ front sight ?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yeehaw! Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Looks like it only has one practical position without the sling attached, where it doesn't interfere with the rear sight windage drum access or, buttstock when folded.

-SS

·
Registered
179 Posts
I notice that there's a recess on the top of the part that looks like it would fit over the rifle's sling tab. Is the part installed upside down? Or is the recess on the wrong end because the offset wouldn't clear the folded stock?

It looks like there's little to keep the mount from twisting on the tab and digging into the upper receiver otherwise.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Disregard, finally saw the photo better.

Battle of the sling mounted QDs is in full force.

I wonder if this thread will get nuked cuz IWC isn't a forum vendor?

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Disregard, finally saw the photo better.

Battle of the sling mounted QDs is in full force.

I wonder if this thread will get nuked cuz IWC isn't a forum vendor?
I'm shocked it hasn't. Guess iwc hasn't done anything to hurt anyone's feelings yet. So the thread stands. ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliment. The mount is a Leupold Mark 6 IMS mount. The front rail add on at the 3-clock area is a IWC 45 degree QD limited rotation mount for my Blue Force Vickers sling. It's the lowest QD for a rail I've ever seen. Total stainless steel too!
Thanks for the info, Nice Rig, what scope mount are you using ,ADM ? looks good & what's on your ext. rail 3 o-clock @ front sight ?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I notice that there's a recess on the top of the part that looks like it would fit over the rifle's sling tab. Is the part installed upside down? Or is the recess on the wrong end because the offset wouldn't clear the folded stock?

It looks like there's little to keep the mount from twisting on the tab and digging into the upper receiver otherwise.
I couldn't tell you since I don't have it here yet - but I know their stuff is so very secure and overkill built and designed that I highly doubt it will rotate one little bit. I'll let you once it gets here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts