FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let everyone know that the new Tango Down panel rail covers designed spefically for the Scar are now shipping to dealers. I ordered a couple of the 4.125" and one of the 6", should have them in next week. :cool:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I originally bought the new Tango Down SCAR rail panels and I can sum them up in one word: horrible.

They are very lightweight and thin and don't lock into position for crap. The original Tango Down panels are always a bit warped and because of their thickness it kind of tightens them down. The locking mechanism is better too.

I had to take them off after I got them. I couldn't stand the play they had on my rails and the crappy toy feel. I went back to the original panel and it feels great on my SCAR.

Don't bother with the new ones. You'll be disappointed. That being said if someone feels the need to experiment, I still have a 6" SCAR panel in black. If you send me a couple of bucks for shipping I will gladly send it to you for no charge seeing as I will never use it and don't want to waste my time trying to sell a single panel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
New Tango Down SCAR panels

Hmm, I bought those in the 2", 4" & 6" lengths in FDE. I had a different experience with mine. They were the right length on the rails and stayed secure on my rails. I had no problems with them. Also, I had no slip problems with the grip surface either and traction was positive. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to agree with Spartanranger, I have them for my SCAR and, while they are the correct length, they are not tight and rattle. I will definitely buy an alternative when it comes on the market.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your experience with the panels

Thanks for letting me know about your experience. I'm sorry to hear that your had problems with yours also. My experience was not bad with it on my SCAR. I rechecked them again since your post and they did fit well. It worked for me, at least. I guess I was lucky. :D
It's always good to get something that works that you are happy with. I know you'll succeed in finding what you're looking for. Good hunting!
Salute! :?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you face them with the slits toward the stock they latch on perfect, or they did for me. They slid on loose but once locked into position I had no movement at all. They also seem to be almost as sturdy as the original TG panels, although a little lighter and thinner.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the 6" and 4.125" panels and they fit pretty well. Just a very slight amount of fore and aft play. You have to install the side panels with the slit towards the chamber as the locking tab indexes on the first rail slot and the rail slots are asymmetric due to the barrel screw on one end of the rail. The side panel lines up with the rail only when installed as described. If you put it on with the slits and locking tab toward the muzzle, the first rail slot is farther back, and the rear of the cover extends past the end of the rail. On the bottom rail, the slit and locking tab can go toward the muzzle.

St least that's my experience on my SCAR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts