FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Not a bad looking gun, but I can't buy a RUGER, Not after Bill Ruger sold us out on the AWB.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It figures. I just bought a P-3AT a couple weeks ago and have spent the intervening time breaking it in and polishing the snot out of it to get it 100% reliable. From the picture, the Ruger sure seems a lot better finished.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
After polishing up, my p3at has been 100% reliable for 2 years but the Ruger does look good. Have to see how that 8lb. trigger feels and wait & see how they perform before I jump on that band wagon. Had to send a new Ruger back twice to get it fixed and I had to pay shipping both times. Never had to send a kel tec back & I got 4.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Heres a diagram so you can compare the Kel-tec with the Ruger.

Ruger's on the left, Kel-tec right.

It seems to me the Ruger has a few more parts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both companies are saying there is no agreement. Anyways, I've got one on order though my local dealer for $300 OTD. I've give a range report ASAP.

·
Registered
46 Posts

A couple of new friends from the Seecamp board brought out an LWS.380 and the Ruger LCP.380 on Sunday.

I was able to shoot both back to back. I'm very much bias towards the LWS, and the only other small frame .380 I've shot was a NAA Guardian. I have yet to shoot the Kel-Tec version. (In other words, I'm no pro and barely a novice, some may use the term Idiot)

I'll say this the LCP looked cool and it felt great in the hand, the molding made my grip feel firm and probably helps with the recoil. I found the recoil to be much stronger than the Seecamp, but not as strong as the Guardian. ( that guardian kicked like a horse ). I wrote down the ammo that we were shooting but can't find it now. They were white box Winchesters.

The gun shot great. All together we put 50 rounds through that little sucker and no problems. I don't really care for the sights it has. Either it should have none, or actual sights. The LCP's are kinda in between. At dusk and for sure at night, their useless. I don't think there's even enough room to paint them, they're so small.

The one thing I can say that I did not like about the LCP was the trigger. I'm used to a smooth trigger pull, that you can feel the hammer pulling as you pull the trigger. This LCP had a short distance of pull, where nothing happened and then you could feel the hammer coming back, then it was almost like another short distance you had to pull where the hammer was released. May be I'm spoiled by the Seecamp, as I have heard that the Kel-Tec has the same feeling in the trigger or maybe I'm just thinking to much. ( I know.....When you face to face with a Zombie, you won't be thinking about the trigger pull.)

All in all it's a great little gun for the price. If they tried to move them at over 400 I would say no way, but I think he paid like 325, and that was with tax and all.

One thing he mentioned is that they told him NEVER to field strip the gun. You need a few special tools to get that thing apart. They recommend just oiling it as well as he could with out removing the slide. That might be a non selling point for me. Half the fun of owning a gun is cleaning it and seeing all the little moving parts that make it work.

For the money it's a great gun. Me personally, I wouldn't trust my life with it.

A2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts