FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scar16sA1.jpg scar16s.jpg

Just saying a quick hello to the FN community. I purchased my firt SCAR (16S) in early March from Ed's Guns in Vass, NC for $2495.00 and upon my return from New Zealand last week I purchased the 17S for $2695.00 Both rifles new and in FDE. I have a Trijicon TA33-9 and a Harris bipod on the way for the 17. I will get pics of the 17 once I get it fully accessorized. The 16 has a Trijicon 4x32 ACOG with RMR (I installed it after these pics were taken), PEQ-15, and Troy foregrip. I shoot mostly in and around the Ft. Bragg area. I look forward to seeing and reading about other SCAR owners experiences and to see what mods they make to their rifles. I will add more pics in the future. Glad to be among fellow enthusiasts of FN firearms.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the SCAR duo!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks akitainu. I'm sure I will learn alot from this forum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger that BBG!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Glad you paid some good prices for them.

You are right about reading up on them.

If you can dig through all the nonsense threads that have been added as of late to the forum you will find some really great ones in there regarding
the 16 and 17.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sweet, congrats!

Reactions: FLYINGBADGERS2001

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me, class? Man, I'm just trying to be like you bro. Thanks for the compliment boss.

Reactions: vertigosol

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I know Ed's in Vass. Awesome place. I've picked up a ton of SCAR 17 mags there. Anyway, awesome guns and Welcome!

Where do you shoot down Bragg way? Closest I usually get is PSR37 (sorry: I guess the formal name is 37 PSR Gun Club) in Bunnlevel. You know those guys?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Thank you for your service!!! :p

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Welcome! You made an excellent choice in firearms with that pair.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
congrats on the FDE duo!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts