FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So I just bought my first rifle (SCAR 17 in FDE) last Friday from GrabAGun and it was also my first rifle. I've only owned shotguns before this rifle (Mossberg 500 and Benelli M4), but I've been doing a lot of my homework on this rifle.

I'm thinking of making it a hybrid kind of like a "DMR", but I just wanted some insight. I plan on getting a Vortex Razor Gen II in the future as my optic, but I'm not sure what to do for other accessories. I was planning on running a Branham Tactical, but I saw that they were all sold out everywhere and I'm not really a fan of the extended rails. Has anyone used the Midwest Industries metal side rails? This isn't the extended one and I haven't seen any reviews of it online. Also, I can't decide between a grip pod or a bipod. The grip pod seems cool, but I feel it wouldn't make sense for what I'm trying to make this rifle be and that a bipod would be better suited.

I look to spending a ton of time on here with everyone!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Congratulations on your new 17:?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I definitely had a good feeling about it and have been wanting one for a long time!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd suggest letting your SCAR tell you what it needs. Start shooting and training with it and you'll figure out what you need to add and in what order. Some things I thought I'd need (rail covers) I don't. Some I didn't think I would (longer safe/arm selectors, angled CH), I do. Most importantly, the order in which I thought I'd add things has changed a ton.

The only thing you know for certain you'll need are mags and ammo.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the brotherhood of the SCAR. Pretty impressive for your first rifle. My 17 was my (insert random number here) since I have no way of remembering them all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd suggest letting your SCAR tell you what it needs. Start shooting and training with it and you'll figure out what you need to add and in what order. Some things I thought I'd need (rail covers) I don't. Some I didn't think I would (longer safe/arm selectors, angled CH), I do. Most importantly, the order in which I thought I'd add things has changed a ton.

The only thing you know for certain you'll need are mags and ammo.
I definitely agree. I bought a ton of stuff for my Benelli M4 before it even arrived at my LGS and I regret some of the things I added to it. I think I'll have a better idea when I pick it up Wednesday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum and the brotherhood of the SCAR. Pretty impressive for your first rifle. My 17 was my (insert random number here) since I have no way of remembering them all.
Haha yeah I know. My first shotgun was a Benelli M4, so I guess I'm in the mindset of "go big or go home".

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Congrats on the 17!

My first rifle was...well, considerably less impressive.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congrats and welcome from NC!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Heck of a first. Congrats on the 17s.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Conga rats and great first gun, if you're able to figure out which accesories ever, you're more organized than me. You'll probably want to add to the "family" soon... Best thing is get out and shoot, GOOD LUCK!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts