FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, just got my tax return back, and Larsen Firearms calls me up and says they have an FDE 17s that was allocated but the potential buyer fell off the face of the earth.

So what is a man to do?!

This of course.

Also snagged 1000rds of Lake City 149gr FMJ 7.62x51. 7 more FN mags and 2 Molon Labe Industries 25rd'rs that are quite honestly... huge for only adding 5 more rds but had to check em out.

Mods include:
-SCAR E.A.C.H. from Stryker Enterprises
-TangoDown QD VFG
-TangoDown BG17 grip (I hate A2 grips despite learning to deal with them on deployment)
-Tactical Empire Thor safety selectors

The trigger felt pretty good honestly. Heavy yes. But it breaks clean and the reset isn't bad either. Don't see 300$ in that upgrade just yet... 300$ is 500rds more of LC 7.62...

Now for the hardest part.... Deciding on glass. I see this gun as more of a wrecking ball and as a run and gun in my collection. Leaning HARD towards the TA11 ACOG.

But not sold 100% just yet. The damn thing is dare I say... TOO versatile!

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Very nice! Congrats on the 17!:?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Darn, those ML mags are HUGE! Looks like they should be 40 rounders. Never felt the need to go there.

Enjoy your new SCAR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all! I haven't shot it yet. Took it all apart and cleaned it good. Cleaned the piston assembly and got familiar with it. It points so damn well and with a 20rd mag loaded weighs in at 10lbs 3oz without optics. Pretty badass.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Congratulations on the new toy. Other than the flimsy stock and plastic lower receiver, I've been very impressed with the whole shebang.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats, sweet set up! Picked up my 17s a few weeks ago. I have been extremely impressed with it. I have been on the fence as to optics as well. I myself am torn between a NF NXS 2.5-10 and the TA11-H308.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice rifle. Don't waste any more money on junk and get yourself a Geissele Super SCAR trigger. I've got four of them and they transform the shooting experience. You'll use that vert grip a few times and then ditch it. Get some covers for the rails instead or ladder rail covers and a Magpul AFG instead of that vert grip. I like the stock charging handle just fine and I don't get the interest in the EACH which is too big in my opinion.

Glass - I put a 2.5-10X on one and a T-1 on the other 17. The thing is you can get a RDS and a magnified variable scope and switch them out using QD mounts.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took delivery of my SCAR 17 today in FDE. I have a Burris AR-332 3X mounted to a .300 Blk and was going to swap it out but my son said it wouldn't cut it on the SCAR. I guess I may have to save up for some nice glass for the SCAR. It really feels nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts