FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received my "used" Scar 17 today. FDE, Acog TA31ECOS-G, FN front rail extension & Sig vertical rip with light & laser. I don't think the thing has ever been shot. Everything looks brand new including the magazine. I think I'm going to love this thing! My phone crapped out after two pictures so this is it so far. I'm struggling with how to format posts on this site - I'm new here. I can't get the lines to advance with the enter key? ETA - this gun came without a rear iron sight. Any reason a Troy folding sight from an AR wouldn't work? Acog.jpg Scar.jpg

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
First, congrats on the 17.

Second, get that SIG branded Chinese POS grip off the SCAR.

Third, if you want to go AR style sights, you'll need a front sight as well because SCAR sights are taller than standard AR sights.

So you could do that or look to buy a new SCAR rear sight assembly from FN or other vendors (SGT Stryker, Midwest Gun Works, FN).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Second, get that SIG branded Chinese POS grip off the SCAR.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I'll put it on one of my AR's? I have a "real - mil grade" grip-pod that I sort of like as a bipod that I might try on the Scar. I've never gotten comfortable with vertical foregrips and this laser light combo is my second one after the grip-pod. As far as iron sights go, I'll probably pass. The Troy sight I have is marked M&P and that would kill the outfit. I can't see through iron sights any more anyway! I just ordered three FDE mags and would like a 10 rounder or two at a reasonable price if anyone has suggestions. I may have the opportunity to help an in-law with a hog problem on their land and I think this will be a hoot for that!

·
Registered
294 Posts
A standard AR rear sight should work fine. Any rear BUIS that has elevation adjustments, such as the KAC 200-600m, won't be exact due to height-over-bore issues. The Troys you mentioned or a KAC 300m (my personal favorite) should work great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How much did you get it for, if you don't mind me asking ?
$3,699. It's "public record" on budsgunshop.com even though they made a typo on the price. They indicate I got it $50 cheaper. I swear this gun is new. No box, no manual, no care as far as I am concerned! The magazine doesn't have a scratch on it, the gun doesn't have a speck of soot or anything to indicate it's been fired.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you got it with that scope on top, that's a good deal... hope you enjoy it and get a good pelican case to protect the finish. Welcome to the elite FDE 17s family :) no offence to black 17s owners.

·
Registered
100 Posts
$3,699. It's "public record" on budsgunshop.com even though they made a typo on the price. They indicate I got it $50 cheaper. I swear this gun is new. No box, no manual, no care as far as I am concerned! The magazine doesn't have a scratch on it, the gun doesn't have a speck of soot or anything to indicate it's been fired.
Wow! With the ACOG that's a smoking deal!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Congrats I have almost the same glass on my AR (also tan TA31 w/RMR but with horseshoes reticle). However, I was under the impression that our ACOG is configured for 223 caliber and not 308. Also I've been thinking about selling mine since I absolute hate the ACOG's limited eye relief.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts