FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new on this forum. I am set on a SCAR 17S in FDE with the non-reciprocating charging handle as my next rifle. I know that availability is pretty much nothing right now for one of these brand new. Any clue on when FN will put more of these out to dealers and where to check first for them? I’m assuming the supply chain issues are contributing to the shortage. I just really want one of these as my next rifle. Again, how often are they putting them out to dealers right now and where should I be checking first for one? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
You’re in the same boat as me buddy. I’d like to get a nice Belgium made 17s, but with the money people want these days for the used, I’ll try to catch a new one on GT or something. Hopefully they come around here and there, I’d like to snatch one up for this deer hunting season.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
My local shop had four brand new ones. Don’t know if they’re the non reciprocating handle or regular model. However two already sold - the tan one and the one with weird black and grey camouflage pattern. The black and the multicam are still hanging on the wall.

Triple J Armory in Littleton, Colorado.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Early this year a few local shops around me (Tampa/St.Pete) had some SCAR17's 1 had a reciprocating charge handle and a NRCH. The reciprocating went and the NRCH sat for months. It's gone now....all of them in the stores are gone.

I have a SCAR17...Black...Belgium...I bought new back in January 2013. Added a Geiselle Super Scar Trigger and then in 2017 added a KDG rail. It sits now in the safe...LOL...I've toyed with selling it but never really sell my stuff...torn. Maybe this weekend I will go give it some love at the range...it shoots so well, never an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in the same boat - I’ve been looking for an FN SCAR 17s in FDE for a long time and can’t seem to find one. I’ve checked numerous online websites, Gun.deals, and every local gun shop in my area. There are a few black and multicam 17s rifles, but FDE is nowhere to be found. I thought about getting black and having it cerakoted FDE, but would rather buy it in FDE. I suspect maybe FN is having production issues, or maybe military/LE orders are taking priority over the civilian market. If anyone has seen a new 17s in FDE, I’d be willing to buy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts