FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a "new to me" Scar 17s (Belgium Made) in FDE to go with my AR15 and Glock 22...in case SHTF and I need to go deer hunting.

Upgraded with a Geissele Super SCAR Trigger, MI Scar Standard M-Lok Extension, Magpul Safety Selectors, Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 on ADM Delta Mount, Steiner CQBL-1, SureFire X300u-B, Burris FastFire III backup RDS on a 45 degree offset, on an Atlas Bipod...with the PMM Extended Mag Release and PMM B.C.D. on the way.

I'm in CA, so the fin grip, angled fore grip, muzzle brake, and locked stock was necessary. But trying to make the most of it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm also trying to figure out other grip options for CA compliance that gives better ergonomics for shooting. What do you guys think of the Thordsen Gen 3, but in FDE?

It is what it is...

Thordsen Gen III.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Congrats on the 17. Looks solid...I have the same Razor/Delta combo on one of mine, very happy with it.

Reactions: lucreative

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ahh...geezer I feel sorry you Cali. guys above had to vilify the looks of your carbines .
On the brighter side ... All the other additions and accoutrements are top notch and high end.
Geeze those griplike contraptions look like an elephant foot...but design wise, they go well with the Scar buttstock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My PMM B.C.D lever came in and I switched over to a Sparrow Dyanamics CA compliant grip for some thumb control.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Im glad i left California 20 years ago, and didnt look back

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
SCAR looks great...as long as I don't focus on that weird grip. As strange as it looks, the Thorsden posted above looks like it would be the least awkward to shoot. Of course that's based entirely on my imagination.

Reactions: lucreative
1 - 8 of 8 Posts