FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everyone!

im new to the forum and was looking to buy my first SCAR 17 in FDE. The local gun store currently has one but I think there may be a slight problem with it. Can anyone else with an FDE confirm this? while looking at the top rail section of the rifle in between where the grooves and notches meet, it looks like FN missed that area when painting the rifle at the factory so you can see white areas and its not just with one section of the rail, its the whole way down meaning consistent. Is this normal for FDE SCARS or did I just take a look at one that wasn't really paid attention too?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
hello everyone!

im new to the forum and was looking to buy my first SCAR 17 in FDE. The local gun store currently has one but I think there may be a slight problem with it.
Can anyone else with an FDE confirm this? while looking at the top rail section of the rifle in between where the grooves and notches meet, it looks like FN missed that
area when painting the rifle at the factory so you can see white areas and its not just with one section of the rail, its the whole way down meaning consistent. Is this
normal for FDE SCARS or did I just take a look at one that wasn't really paid attention too?
Welcome! SCARs are not painted, they are hardcoat anodized. The white is from the laser engraving process. It will come off after cleaning.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
thanks for the pics! the first pic shown on the far left closest illustrates what I had seen. You see slight white areas that look unfinished except the unfinished areas are on the Inner side so you can see them when looking down the sights
Its from the laser engraving, its not unfinished.

Reactions: LESTER and tazeem

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
See if it wipes off.

Bring a couple Q-tips with you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts