FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my old Ergo grips on the my 16 & 17 with a set from PMM. I was never a huge fan of the feel of the Ergo, but they're weren't a ton of choices. I saw PMM had the Moe K modded for scar. I picked up 2 of the FDE. I thought I accidentally clicked on expedited shipping because they were at my door in less than 48 hours!

Perfect fit. All mounting hardware including new washers the fit in the frame. I really like the feel of the new grips, a huge improvement IMO.

+1 for PMM
+1 for Moe K

Thanks guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I notice the description states:

"The new price of the MIAD grips includes the Machine work for both Rear "Duckbill" strap inserts."

And

"Both front & rear*straps are machined to work with your factory SCAR lower."

But then further down under features says:

"Each kit includes three backstrap sizes (S,M,L),will Not Work with SCAR weapons) two front straps (A1 and A2 style Will work with SCAR Weapons systems) and lubrication bottle core."

To me this reads "price includes machining two backstraps that will not fit on SCAR rifles." I'm sure this is not the case just want to make certain the largest backstrap WILL fit my SCAR because that is the one I would be using. Could you clarify?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ordered 2 black MOE+ grips. Also noticed that the MIAD grips say the back straps are machined to fit but then say they don't fit???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome! Will be placing an order soon.

BTW I never heard of Your products before joining this forum. Even after doing many internet searches for "SCAR MIAD grip." I have done just enough web development to be dangerous but I recall one site I worked on we had to place keywords within the pages' script to make Google and other search engines pick up on the page and place it higher up in the list of results. Not sure if this is your issue just thought I'd share what little wisdom I have for whatever it's worth.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Awesome! Will be placing an order soon.

BTW I never heard of Your products before joining this forum. Even after doing many internet searches for "SCAR MIAD grip." I have done just enough web development to be dangerous but I recall one site I worked on we had to place keywords within the pages' script to make Google and other search engines pick up on the page and place it higher up in the list of results. Not sure if this is your issue just thought I'd share what little wisdom I have for whatever it's worth.
I'm well aware,My biggest pitfall at this point is the lack of exposure PMM gets outside of this forum and word of mouth, I Still am not sure what the secret is to that, I offered my QD mounts roughly 3 months before IWC and when you search SCAR QD all you get is their stuff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations on which grip to purchase? I like the MIAD and the MOD-O - any reviews on the SCAR platform?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Diabolus. The pmm products are all really solid. I have the qd mounts, selector switches and both the MOE and the Hogue I prefer the Moe because I preferred the distance of the web of my palm to the trigger with the Moe if that makes any sense. Love the hogue on AR platforms though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just an update. I received the MOE+ grips I ordered. Fit was prefect but I didn't like the rubbery feel to them. Jarod was great to deal with. No problem in exchanging them for standard MOE grips, which also fit perfect.

A question for all those that have changed grips. Do you use the factory supplied grip screw, or the stock SCAR screw?

I installed it with the stock screw because it went into the receiver farther. Thought that would make it more sturdy but don't want to damage the grip either.

Anyway +1 for PMM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations on which grip to purchase? I like the MIAD and the MOD-O - any reviews on the SCAR platform?
I tried both and went with the BCM mod 0.

Here's why:

The MIAD grip(about 5 years old) that I have on my AR15 is well made and all inserts fasten securely it even employs a roll pin to keep the backstrap in place. The newer MIAD grips are very different they feel cheap and the backstrap can be pulled off with little force, for me this is unacceptable. Magpul really dropped the ball on the design of the new MIAD, I am very disappointed in what used to be a quality manufacturer.

The BCM mod zero is an excellent choice. Well made and very ergonomic. I was skeptical about the reduced grip angle but now that I've tried it I'm sold. It just works for the scar making the weapon easier to handle and more comfortable to operate. All controls are easily accessible allowing effortless weapon manipulation. Texture is positive but not overly coarse. The water resistant storage compartment is icing on the cake. Bottom line, if you're on the fence, get one, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A question for all those that have changed grips. Do you use the factory supplied grip screw, or the stock SCAR screw?

I installed it with the stock screw because it went into the receiver farther. Thought that would make it more sturdy but don't want to damage the grip either.
I have read in other threads that the original FN screw may be too long and interfere with the trigger mechanism.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts