FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about the SCAR-H SSR (sniper support rifle) variant?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2008/02/10/fn-scar-promotional-photos/

The second to last pic shows one. The guy closest to the Humvee is using one and it has a longer receiver. I also found some government financing documents about the continued developement of this variant and the EGLM.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I really can't see the weapon that well to make a positive I.D. It could be a normal long barrel with an extended forearm. I just can't tell.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you click on it, it becomes larger and you can see the front is different. It has a different iron sight as well. I've hardly heard anything about it but did find some government documents that do acknowledge it. I just want to know more about it-like is it a semi-auto only?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Mk 20 Sniper Support Rifle is based on the 7.62mm Mk 17 rifle. It includes a longer receiver, a beefed up barrel extension and barrel profile to reduce whip and improve accuracy and an enhanced modular trigger that can be configured for single-stage or two-stage operation together with a non folding precision stock.

In late October 2010 SOCOM approved full-rate production of the Mk 20 sniper variant of the SCAR, with fielding expected to begin in mid-May

that was taken straight from wikipedia... 8)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I found a mag for one at the big gun show in Tulsa last weekend. It looks great on the new giay prada, high speed Navy SEAL AOR2 camo...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
never seen a 10 rounder with paint like that. Glad you found one though I know there has been quite a few posts of guys looking for them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts