FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys and gals. Picked up a 17s in FDE a few weeks ago and love it so far. Put a new pistol grip on it along with a Magpul angled foregrip. Threw my Eotech 512 and G33 3x on it for now. May put my Vortex PST 1-4 on it and see how it goes. Open to suggestions on other mods; I'm looking for a bipod with a swivel mount. This bad ass rifle is mainly for hog hunting. Any recommendations are very welcome.

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 17!

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
7 Posts
The next modification you'll want to consider is an upgraded trigger (geissele super scar for me). Then consider Atlas ($$$) or Harris ($) bipods as a great addition. Stryker Enterprises (forum member and vendor) sells the Atlas in FDE as well, and some of the members have put them on their FDE SCAR. It's a great looking combination. Congrats on your purchase. I just got mine last week, and it's now my favorite rifle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sean I'd love to have Stryker's bipod but they were one time only and it looks as though they are no longer available

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe the correct way to introduce yourself is "Hi. I'm Minnesota Operator and I and a SCAR owner." Oh yeah! This is your first. You don't know you're addicted yet!

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
359 Posts
:welcomesigntb3:Congrats on your 17S FDE SCAR purchase. I'd suggest upgrading to the Super SCAR trigger and an Atlas bipod. Of your 2 optic choices I would put the Vortex PST 1-4 on your 17S rather than the EoTech and the 3X magnifier. But I would prefer a higher magnification quality variable like the Nightforce NWS 2-10X42 scope.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thank you. Any light or light mount suggestions?
You will need to look around and see what works for you,I went to Amazon and looked what was on there for tactical lights then read different forums on what folks were using and then there is the price point and if you want it for more CQ or more for outside,then you get into Lums 150-200-300-500 ect...
i bought a cheap Orion 500 lum with pressure switch just to see if I like that style,I'm using a Pro Grip with built in bipod,picking a light is kinda tuff to be honest especially when your going to spend around 250-400 for a good one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You will need to look around and see what works for you,I went to Amazon and looked what was on there for tactical lights then read different forums on what folks were using and then there is the price point and if you want it for more CQ or more for outside,then you get into Lums 150-200-300-500 ect...
i bought a cheap Orion 500 lum with pressure switch just to see if I like that style,I'm using a Pro Grip with built in bipod,picking a light is kinda tuff to be honest especially when your going to spend around 250-400 for a good one.
I have been reading forums and I'm aware that a good light and mount can be in the $500 range. I'd use it for outdoor use mainly as I'd rather use my P226 or Saiga 12 for a rare indoor CQB confrontation. Although a solid indoor/outdoor light is optimal.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on your blaster. Get a Geissele trigger and a big box of ammo first thing. Then go shoot the hell out of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I keep hearing about this super scar trigger. Well, you can't all be wrong...ordering now :x

1 - 20 of 24 Posts