FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

been lurking a few weeks now on the site. Coming back to semi shooting from bolt. Used to AR's thanks to the Army, but wanted to try the scar out.

love the ergos and weight so far. The one I picked up has extended rails, geissele trigger, and topped with March 1-8 in Spuhr mount.

just digging and reading for now, but looking around, found deadshot barrels? anyone have any info? search turned up nothing.. they are offering SCAR rebarrel for $500.. guessing they reuse components off factory tube, but nothing turned up on search.

anyhow , glad to be here and look forward to learning from you guys..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Howdy,

been lurking a few weeks now on the site. Coming back to semi shooting from bolt. Used to AR's thanks to the Army, but wanted to try the scar out.

love the ergos and weight so far. The one I picked up has extended rails, geissele trigger, and topped with March 1-8 in Spuhr mount.

just digging and reading for now, but looking around, found deadshot barrels? anyone have any info? search turned up nothing.. they are offering SCAR rebarrel for $500.. guessing they reuse components off factory tube, but nothing turned up on search.

anyhow , glad to be here and look forward to learning from you guys..
Never heard of Deadbarrels.com. That website doesn't give me a good feeling either. Proceed with caution.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wanted to have a custom barrel made as well, but never found anyone doing it. There is someone offering a rebarrel service on ebay for $500, but I know nothing about it. You are correct about reusing your components from an existing barrel. The question that keeps coming up about this is just how much or what would you gain with a custom barrel?

My idea about that is to be able to choose a different twist rate and a slightly heavier profile to offer more rigidity and a larger diameter at the shoulder of the threaded muzzle so that you would have a better surface to tighten down a suppressor adapter against it.

Just thinking out loud on this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have not used them but Hi Desert dog is making runs of match barrels as complete assemblies. Sgt. Stryker will also be offering these as I understand it eventually, perhaps he will chime in later on this.

I wanted to have a custom barrel made as well, but never found anyone doing it. There is someone offering a rebarrel service on ebay for $500, but I know nothing about it. You are correct about reusing your components from an existing barrel. The question that keeps coming up about this is just how much or what would you gain with a custom barrel?

My idea about that is to be able to choose a different twist rate and a slightly heavier profile to offer more rigidity and a larger diameter at the shoulder of the threaded muzzle so that you would have a better surface to tighten down a suppressor adapter against it.

Just thinking out loud on this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That would be great for someone to offer an aftermarket or custom barrel for the SCAR 17.
Now, someone needs to design an aftermarket gas block that does not include a front sight assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts