FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first SCAR 17 today. This rifle is from the latest batch which appears to have uppers that are more OD green than FDE. There are a few other examples on gunbroker. I have to say the rifle is very handsome in person, the green looks sharp. I will be running irons with this rifle initially, then likely a two optic system: Aimpoint T-1 or variable glass depending on what type of shooting I am doing. I've been lurking here for a year before registering so I've got a long list of mods thanks to this forum. :icon_lol:

Without further ado, pic:
E74CAA34-FCCB-44D3-BD33-F11618699B29_zpsec0qszqs.jpg

P.S. Special thanks to Somnus who posted a thread alerting members to this rifle. It was priced fair, not marked up, and Eric at the Shooter's Roost in WV is a stand up guy.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Wow that thing is green, even compared with mine, which is on the green side as well.

Congrats on a great grab. Good looking gun. You'll love the 17s.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Congrats on the greenback 17!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excellent choice! It looks good with the "greener" upper IMO:icon_cool:

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Congrats man! I love the green. I've been on the hunt for an OD looking 16 for like two years. I've only seen one and I wasn't paying 3 grand. The OD just look badass. Enjoy her!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Kev, I've been tailing you for two years now and running into every LGS you visit just ahead of you to quickly spray paint any OD looking 16s light beige.

I hope that's not a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice!! I picked one up today too :D must have been some kinda fde scar day, today. Mine doesn't look as green... but after looking at yours, I feel as if I see the green now.... haha >_<

·
Registered
957 Posts
Very nice! I really really wanted to pull the trigger on that one due to the uniqueness of the upper receiver color. Alas, common sense and lack of cents (too many gun projects) kept me from it. Congrats and welcome to Planet Scar!

PS. Thanks for the magazine! I bought it on the cheap side. Shooters Roost is a great LGS. Undercut everyone within a 3 hour drive.

if anyone is in the market for an AK, they have Zastava N-PAP for $525. One heck of a deal

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I'd like to see that green upper with a black lower and furniture. I think that would look pretty sharp...at least it does in my mind.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Wow! I would totally own that color. I hate the usual FDE gold and baby poop color scheme but that greenish brown is perfect! Paint the furniture to match and it would be great for any location north of Durango or east of Oklahoma City.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Picked up my first SCAR 17 today. This rifle is from the latest batch which appears to have uppers that are more OD green than FDE. There are a few other examples on gunbroker. I have to say the rifle is very handsome in person, the green looks sharp. I will be running irons with this rifle initially, then likely a two optic system: Aimpoint T-1 or variable glass depending on what type of shooting I am doing. I've been lurking here for a year before registering so I've got a long list of mods thanks to this forum. :icon_lol:

Without further ado, pic:
View attachment 21478

P.S. Special thanks to Somnus who posted a thread alerting members to this rifle. It was priced fair, not marked up, and Eric at the Shooter's Roost in WV is a stand up guy.
Kudo for actually found someone who's willing to ship to Colorado(judging by your avtar pic). Now mags will be another story...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts