FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just jumped in and ordered a FDE Scar 17, I feel like I got a heck of a deal from High Plains Gun Shop as well under the mil/LE program it was just over 2500$. I was looking and debating whether I should buy a scar or build a lightweight Mega Metan I just couldn't come to the terms that I couldn't guarantee reliability on the other platform. I know I could have built a good rifle, but as tested and reliable as the scar and just as accurate as distance I will be shooting it was a no brained. I plan to when funds are back installing the geissele trigger and a vortex razor HD 1-6x in a ADM mount. Today is a good day.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Good day, indeed!

Welcome and congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Congrats!:?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will post pics up when I get it, I am thinking of selling my Czechpoint VZ-58 and ammo to purchase the optics. Would you guys sell a gun and ammo for optics on your SCAR?

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Will post pics up when I get it, I am thinking of selling my Czechpoint VZ-58 and ammo to purchase the optics. Would you guys sell a gun and ammo for optics on your SCAR?
Lots of folks do.

Me, nothing that enters my house ever leaves (without coming back). But, I have regret issues...so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, yeah I have sold 3 guns, not one of them were crazy nice or special but something about selling a guns seems to always haunt me.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I know the VZ isn't a Kalashnikov design, but it looks like one. That alone would be reason enough for me to unload it. ;) But seriously, if you're attached to the rifle then I'd say wait and save up for optics. If you're not that attached to it, then heck yeah, sell that puppy and get some optics for your new favorite noise maker!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds like your plan is a good one with trigger and optics, have fun with your new tool & welcome to the family

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well just jumped in and ordered a FDE Scar 17, I feel like I got a heck of a deal from High Plains Gun Shop as well under the mil/LE program it was just over 2500$. I was looking and debating whether I should buy a scar or build a lightweight Mega Metan I just couldn't come to the terms that I couldn't guarantee reliability on the other platform. I know I could have built a good rifle, but as tested and reliable as the scar and just as accurate as distance I will be shooting it was a no brained. I plan to when funds are back installing the geissele trigger and a vortex razor HD 1-6x in a ADM mount. Today is a good day.
Congrats on the purchase.

How long were you waiting for it to become "in stock" on high plains? I really want one but moneys a bit tight right now. If I wait and it becomes out of stock, how long am I looking at before they're back.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Great deal. same shop I got my SCAR 16 from last year - and wow, was the guy very helpful and went out of his way for ya!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats on the purchase.

How long were you waiting for it to become "in stock" on high plains? I really want one but moneys a bit tight right now. If I wait and it becomes out of stock, how long am I looking at before they're back.
I signed up for the notification email yesterday evening, I was feeding the baby this morning and my phone message alert went off. Needless to say I jumped right on it. Not sure but I am sure if you email them he will try to give you a good estimates.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts