FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinetic Development Group SCAR Sling Mounts Now Available - RECOIL

Kinetic Development Group has developed new QD sling mounts for the Scar platform. If I didn't already have a sling attachment solution worked out, I'd give these very serious consideration. I'm really digging on the looks of these, and I like that they don't utilize rail space (an issue with my current QD solution). I wonder if they're lefty-friendly?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Guy at my LGS installed the rear QD and said it torques the rail the stock slides into. What's the OEM torque spec on the two Allen head screws the rear attaches to is my question.

Edit: got more info, it actually torqued the rail the bolt carrier rides on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Torqued the rail? I do not understand that. I just installed the mount myself and the original screws were hell to get out. Little locktite and just some decent torque is all you need when mounting the QD with the supplied screws. Reassembled and there were zero issues with the bolt carrier movement.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guy at my LGS installed the rear QD and said it torques the rail the stock slides into. What's the OEM torque spec on the two Allen head screws the rear attaches to is my question.

Edit: got more info, it actually torqued the rail the bolt carrier rides on.
I noticed that with mine, because I was watching for the screw threads inside the receiver and noticed that they were approaching that bearing surface inside before tightening down. The screws are a little too long. As soon as I get a minute, I'm going to shorten my screws to avoid that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I noticed that with mine, because I was watching for the screw threads inside the receiver and noticed that they were approaching that bearing surface inside before tightening down. The screws are a little too long. As soon as I get a minute, I'm going to shorten my screws to avoid that.
Turns out the screws packaged with the rear QDs my dealer got were 10mm long instead of 8mm. KDG shipped them replacements. You likely have the same problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts