FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I accidentally purchased my first SCAR 17S last week, and I think I've found my new go-to hog gun. I was at my gun broker's office and I took a look at an in-stock SCAR 17. I couldn't believe how light, and well balanced it was. Before I knew what happened, I was leaving with a new SCAR. I really like this rifle.

I dropped in a Timney trigger, the one with the red spring. I'm no gunsmith, but the install only took about 20 minutes. I used 168 grain, match-grade ammo to sight the gun in, it's shooting nickle-sized groups at 100 yards. I also moved the charging handle to the right side of the gun, and installed an ERGO AR-10 grip.

The Pros:
Accurate, light-weight, less recoil than my AR-10, easy to break down and clean, adjustable gas block/suppressor ready.

The Cons:
I will probably be forced to buy a second SCAR 17 for my son/primary hunting buddy.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
I love accidental gun purchases...congrats!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Enjoy. And get another for you son, and one for your best friend and one for the wife as she needs to watch your back in a Fecal Material Meets The Ventilation Device Scenario. And one for me on account of that's the rule here.

Butt sent from my damn iPhone when I sat on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
An accidental impulse purchase, lmao... I've personally been there - opened up my trunk after a night of Tequila shots in Reynosa, Mexico and found 2 warped bullfighter paintings and one Elvis painting I'd bought at some point - all on black velvet. Hey, if it's gotta happen, you couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The 17s is a sweet rifle...

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts