FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Got any prices on this stuff? I looked on the link but could not find any? Also, I know that the ZQ1 ammo from Wal-Mart has been mentioned on here a number of times. Our local Wal-Mart had the 9mm 123g NATO ZQ1 brass cased loads on clearance for $10/50round box. Thought that was a good buy and since it is loaded to NATO specs, should fire pretty well. FYI

·
Registered
27 Posts
Weird shop. Go to their face book page, under the 'About' section there is a link to check: 'Request BBM's ammo price range'. I have not heard back.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Right now it's pretty hard to beat pricing on the Turkish made NATO ammo from ZQI sold exclusively at Wally World.
For plinking yes. I've been told ZQI 223/308 isn't very accurate, but that's what I'll find out when I put ZQI up against BBM, and a few others.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got any prices on this stuff? I looked on the link but could not find any? Also, I know that the ZQ1 ammo from Wal-Mart has been mentioned on here a number of times. Our local Wal-Mart had the 9mm 123g NATO ZQ1 brass cased loads on clearance for $10/50round box. Thought that was a good buy and since it is loaded to NATO specs, should fire pretty well. FYI
i

Here are two links where BBM ammo is available. The price is too high on Gunbroker, and the other website where it's supposed to be available doesn't list the price. I sent them an email but haven't received an answer as to why the price is not displayed. I believe that the price of this ammo will come down when it becomes more widely available.

.308 WIN Battle Born Ammo 140 rd FMJ Battle Pack : Rifle Ammunition at GunBroker.com
| Store

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Interested to see the cost.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Buffman, have you tested the IMI 7.62x51 for velocity yet?
Got any for sale? I'd love to chrono it, and test it for accuracy..

Interested to see the cost.

the .223 is .48 cents a round, and the .308 is .92 cents a round last I checked their site. Their 9mm is on the higher side at $19.99/50. I can understand why the cost is higher; smaller quantity of import of military grade ammo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't have any for sale, but I have been wanting to buy some to try it. Brownells has a decent price on the IMI 7.62 NATO now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Battle Born Munitions

This is brass case ammo from South Africa. Probably made by the same manufacturer that made the South African surplus that was available.

Ammo - Battle Born Munitions

Hello Everyone, I have worked with BBM in the past, and would like to provide some information on the ammunition. Yes it probably is the surplus SA ammo that was brought in over 10 years ago, the difference being BBM has exclusive rights to sell in North America. They are working on other grains and calibers such as a .303 and a 168 gr .308; however those are in the works. As far as tracking down the ammo, BBM sells to stores such as Mom and Pop shops, big chain retailers such as Meijers and Turners.

Pricing depends on the store; thebulletdump.com which is a new store has their rounds going for 110 per 300 rounds of .223 140 rds of .308 for 102 and 9mm running for 115 for 400 rds.

Personally I have gone through thousands of rounds when I did some work with the company and we never had a mis fire. On the Media - Battle Born Munitions the last image is a very accurate depiction of the ammunition. If you anyone has any questions feel free to ask I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
SO far everything I've fired of there's from 0*F to whatever has been fine. Accuracy tests are what will be done from me soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts