FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and new Hi Power owner with a trigger question: I recently picked up a new in box Browning Standard Hi Power (fixed sights, deeply blued, walnut grips, buttery slide, and what must be a 10 lb trigger pull but with a clean break).

I have read online about the heavy Hi Power trigger and the various standard remedies. But, my question is, if I leave the trigger as is, will it tend to improve at least somewhat with longer term usage?

Despite the heavy trigger pull I was able to make accurate hits at 15 yards. But, trigger finger fatigue set in quickly.

Despite the trigger issue I love this firearm! Such fit & finish, its rich history, all steel, esthetic design, etc, etc!

Delighted to have found this Forum! Also, have discovered the late Mr. Camp's very informative site!

·
Registered
278 Posts
In my experience, a gritty trigger might smooth up a bit, maybe, but it won't get lighter.
For best results you'd need professional intervention, preferably by somebody who's wiley in the ways of the Hi Power.

Reactions: Djay

·
Registered
12 Posts
The hi power sear from the factory will polish up from use. The new ones do faster than the old ones. The brand new main spring will lighten up then last longer than most of us at the having taken a set length. 10 lbs is at within factory specifications at the high end. Speaking as someone who has a bonafide 20 pound trigger on particular semi auto (not bhp); you can manage it when you get to know it.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

It will smooth out, but not really lighten up. As mentioned before, have someone who knows BHP's to do a trigger job if you want it done right.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

It will smooth out, but not really lighten up. As mentioned before, have someone who knows BHP's to do a trigger job if you want it done right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts