FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stamp finally came back and I gotta say I love this new Suppressor. I wanted a lightweight .22/5.7 suppressor that I could put on my SBR'd PS90 Colt Railgun, and 10/22. This one weighs 4.15 ounces with all 8 baffles, and 2.45 ounces in the shorter configuration. I looked into a couple 556 cans and thought they would add too much weight. I don't plan to do mag dumps. I came across Energetic Armament and their all titanium suppressors. The NYX seemed really good, but then I say the NYX Mod 2 which is modular. Long story short, my stamp came back a week ago and I have since picked it up and put some rounds through it.

To start with, it has K baffles, 4 in each section. I put it on my PS90 in both configurations and it worked pretty well in either. I then took it apart to look at the baffles before putting it on the .22. I had fired 10 AE rounds, and 10 SS195LF's through it. They both sounded the same, and were a little louder when using only the 4 baffle setup. However, it wasn't very dirty at all. It did heat up quite a bit though, and I was glad I brought an Ove-Glove. It requires a 13/16 wrench or socket to take it apart. The end caps just screw off. I then fired about 40 rounds of 22 through it. When I got home I disassembled it again and used CLP and a toothbrush to clean off most of the crud, then put it in my wifes ultrasonic cleaner with a 50/50 water/Simple Green mix. It only ran for 3 minutes at a time, but I started with hot water and it has a heater to keep the temperature up. I think I ran it about 10 times, turning the parts over every few times. The front baffles were completely clean after just a few sessions, and the two baffles closest to the thread adapter still have a couple of spots on them. Everything else is spotless though so I decided not to spend more time on parts that were going to be dirty after just a few rounds anyway. I was told by the manufacturer that I could use harsher chemicals, but decided to stick with what I had and avoid the harsher stuff. I then wiped it all down, put anti-seize on the threads, and put it back together.

I really like it. It is so light that you don't even feel it on the end of the barrel. It is small enough diameter that I can use the stock sights on both the 10/22 and Colt Raligun that I shot it on. And it doesn't interfere with my under barrel laser mount on the PS90. Although, if I was going to run a lot of rounds, I would probably take the plastic laser off to avoid melting it. Anyway, if you are looking for a lightweight and easy to clean suppressor, i would definitely recommend the NYX Mod 2 from Energetic Armament.

IMG_1545.jpg
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I did the paperwork as an individual, and it took about 7 months start to finish. They cashed the check on Feb 15, and the stamp came back on August 23 to my FFL. I think I mailed everything at the end of January.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts