FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my AAC SDN-6 out of jail. Planning on using it on my 17s but also getting 51t mounts for my 16s, ACR and fs2000. Anything special I need to know? Was planning on getting the blackout flash hiders until I saw the brakeout 2. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Get ready to clean ..... at least that was my findings. ( Post Happy Day )
I had a couple QD mounts on different weapons and the AR took me 2-3 hrs to clean alone.
It sure is fun. ( shooting )

Reactions: okscar

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
If you don't mind would you post the submission date, pending date (if you got that) and the approval date. Also whether it was a paper filing or e-file. Many of us need this info so we can get some idea of the current wait times.:th_thanks:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Get the muzzle brake or combo brakeout.

You want the brake to be your first sacricificial baffle basically.
It takes the brunt of the damage.

Well at least that is what I am doing with my 762sdn6.
Granted I am using it on 10.5" 5.56 and 9" 300blk SBRs.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Get ready to clean ..... at least that was my findings. ( Post Happy Day )
I had a couple QD mounts on different weapons and the AR took me 2-3 hrs to clean alone.
It sure is fun. ( shooting )
A labor of love. ARs get pretty sooty from suppressors, but I think it's worth it.

Reactions: okscar

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind would you post the submission date, pending date (if you got that) and the approval date. Also whether it was a paper filing or e-file. Many of us need this info so we can get some idea of the current wait times.:th_thanks:
Submitted 4-19-13 approved 2-26-14. Paper file

·
Registered
841 Posts
Official word from AAC is to not use a brake on the 17S. you need to use the flash hider. The 17S doesn't have sufficient barrel shoulder to properly time the brake. There are a few other threads on this subject both here and in the 17S forum you should be able to dig up with search for barrel shoulder silencer issues or something like that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Official word from AAC is to not use a brake on the 17S. you need to use the flash hider. The 17S doesn't have sufficient barrel shoulder to properly time the brake. There are a few other threads on this subject both here and in the 17S forum you should be able to dig up with search for barrel shoulder silencer issues or something like that.
Yes. That's what I've read, but the new brakeout 2.0 doesn't need timed. Supposed to be out this month but I'm getting antsy waiting on it. I guess I've waited 10 months what's a couple more weeks!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yes. That's what I've read, but the new brakeout 2.0 doesn't need timed. Supposed to be out this month but I'm getting antsy waiting on it. I guess I've waited 10 months what's a couple more weeks!!
I was told by Dave at the Silencer Shop that the flash/brake was a jack of all trades and a master of none, he recommended to just use the flash hider on the 16 and 17 and the muzzle brake on bolt guns or other rifles with more shoulder, buy the way I just picked up all three of my cans today can't wait to try them out, ATF received forms april 30th went pending july 5th received stamps march 4th picked up cans march 6th TODAY!!!!:shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts