FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I had my mind made up to buy a Scar 17 and then rationalized that an AR10 would be sufficient. I kept my eye on them and saw one topped with an Acog at an auction, but it along with everything else went for stupid high prices. As Karma would have it, I spotted a FDE Scar 17 with an Acog RMR and a few other extras and bought it. I don't have it yet, but I'm doing my post-purchase research and shopping. So, this is my first FN firearm and my first post on this forum.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Congrats on your new SCAR17 and welcome to the forum. You will find all the info you need right here! Enjoy and glad to have you.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the SCAR!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to THE Ohio....no not that...THE FORUM

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome! I'm not sure I understand the "Welcome to THE Ohio....no not that...THE FORUM " comment? I've see that "THE Ohio" theme before and I have to advise everyone on this board that I am a very, very angry Bearcat today!

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Welcome- nice choice- but there is an agreement here, see you got to post a pic of it- before your in the scar family- you will love it, and anything you need we are all here to help out! One other thing- let people know you read their pistol by giving them a thumbs up-- thumb with the word thank -- in the bottom corner of each tile.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forums! 8)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome from the People's Republik of Kolorado, a division of Kommiefornia, inc.:welcomesigntb3:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is my intro page from a few weeks ago. I tried to post this question on the optics page but didn't get any action. I'm gong to try here to see what reaction I can get. I'm just looking for people's reactions. I own all of the optics mentioned and am thinking about moving things around. Here goes --> I'm weighing my options regarding optics (in an earlier post I told you I had just purchased a used Scar with a TA31ECOS-G Acog on it). I'm thinking about the following changes: Move Acog to an AR-15, move a Leupold Mark IV 3.5-10x to Scar 17, leave an Eotech 512 with magnifier on another AR-15, move Leupold 1-4x Vari-X from an AR to an AR-10 (can the Vari-X tolerate the 7.62 recoil?). Does any of this make sense to you guys? I'm inclined to concentrate on longer ranges with the 17 & AR-10. I am inclined to move the Acog to an AR since it is designed for the 5.56 round. I saw a post about the deal on the .308 Acog, but I'm reluctant to move so fast with another purchase since I'm new to the Acog and the Scar. Any thoughts about the mix and match puzzle I'm trying to solve? I could sell the Eotech setup and buy the .308 Acog but the deal is over as I understand it.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
49Uniform, you have plenty of optics. Try them out. You may think a light optic balances better on the SCAR, or heavy magnification. You have the luxury of already owning everything.

Buy ammo and shoot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts