FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

New to the forum and recently acquired my first FN firearm (not first firearm ever. My gun safe is currently begging for an upgrade), a SCAR 17s in FDE. I've already done quite a bit of research on what I might have problems with out-of-the-box with my big hands and confirmed at my first range session that an angled charging handle and larger pistol grip are musts. Currently awaiting an E.A.C.H. charging handle from Stryker and a Magpul MOE+ grip modified by PMM as well as Jarod's dimpled safety levers. Looking forward to being part of the FN community and sharing what works and what doesn't with this amazing rifle!

Here she is in all of her current glory:
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Airsoft gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Gun barrel

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

Maine! Brrrrr! That's cold. My brother-in-law is from Maine. He tells me that we Texans are wusses when it comes to the cold, LOL
I told him he should come down in the heat of summer: 110 degrees F!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello & Welcome!

Maine! Brrrrr! That's cold. My brother-in-law is from Maine. He tells me that we Texans are wusses when it comes to the cold, LOL
I told him he should come down in the heat of summer: 110 degrees F!
I would say we Mainers are wusses when it comes to heat. We complain about the cold in the winter and the heat in the summer, lol. I can guarantee I would be the first to hug an A/C unit if I were in Texas for any length of time! But we certainly have a tolerance to the cold and all of this snow. 3-4 feet in the last week and a half alone!!

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the SCAR!

Reactions: SCARmanJKU

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would say we Mainers are wusses when it comes to heat. We complain about the cold in the winter and the heat in the summer, lol. I can guarantee I would be the first to hug an A/C unit if I were in Texas for any length of time! But we certainly have a tolerance to the cold and all of this snow. 3-4 feet in the last week and a half alone!!
I couldn't agree with you more. Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the scar!

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Nice!!!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
:welcomesigntb3:TO THE FORUM! and Congrats! on yor new SCAR 17::!!!::
Welcome.... I must admit beating LESTER to the 1st " welcome " is a daunting task.... He must have an alert set up... 2:50 in the morning ?????
I will admit only beating him and a few other " super fast " Welcoming members ( 1X )...
In regards to the " heavy " way to go.... JIMO.... I will never sell mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts