FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm new to FN, having bought an FNX-45 a few months ago. My stepdad has a Five-Seven and an FNX-45 and I liked the 45 enough to pick one up myself. Most of my experience with pistols outside of the military is with striker fired Smith & Wesson M&Ps, both in .40 (which I still carry most days due to easier concealment). Member of my church's security team and have started carrying the FNX when I'm in a sport coat. I'm a truck driver who is fairly widely traveled, and in my off time I storm chase and enjoy amateur radio, off roading, and old cars.

That said, after finally getting a red dot on the M&P CORE, I'm now regretting that I didn't spend the extra money to get the tactical version. I don't need the threaded barrel, but having the slide already cut for an RDS would be nice.

Anyway, looking forward to getting some more trigger time on my FNX and learning on here.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Gray Ghost! I'd have to say, if you're able to conceal carry an FNX-45 I can't imagine anyone stepping out of line in Church, the FNX-45 is no small pistol. You like off-roading, old cars and HAM radio....you'll find lots of like minded folks here. Now, about that storm chasing, here in Florida a 'cane comes and we RUN! Enjoy the Forum but watch out for LESTER he'll steal your spent brass to make folk art....

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Hello and welcome. Not much storm chasing going on in Okieland right now. If the drought keeps up you can go chase dust devils.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys!

SeaMac, usually if I'm carrying the FNX, I'm wearing a sport coat. I can keep a lot hidden under there. Sidearm, extra mags, radio all go on my belt. I can rock my M&P full size wearing a polo and slacks with the appendix holster I have for it. I wish there were more available holsters for the FNs in general, especially with me being a lefty.

17heavy, yeah it's definitely been a quiet year storm wise so far, unless you're in the southeast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts