FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny story- went to get a fun plinker for my son- Picked up the MK22 (scar clone). we had a blast (great deal as it comes with 3 22rd mags). Anyway- i never gave the SCAR much thought. Well that all changed last Sunday plinking with my son. Man- I just loved the feel of that rifle.

24 hours later, after TONS of reading here I am a very proud owner of a SCAR 17s!

I was able to sight her in at the indoor range and taking her out this weekend to do some real damage. I am also going to be dressing her up this week.

Just let me say- I had a .308 on order- came in at 11.5 lbs!
The SCAR is a light 8 lbs! with all of my gear pictured it is 10.5 (maybe...) that is just CRAZY!!!!

My LWRCI M6A3 16" is around 9.5 lbs. Enjoy the pics- I am proud and my son is so stoked we match!
Gun Firearm Machine gun Airsoft gun Air gun Reflection Sphere Tree World Circle Gun Firearm Rifle Assault rifle Trigger Screenshot Recreation Games Photography Plant Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun Gun Firearm Machine gun Airsoft gun Air gun View attachment 5109 Gun Firearm Rifle Assault rifle Trigger View attachment 5111 Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Congrats on your 17! Great photos too! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on your new SCAR! I have a black SCAR 17S on order. What type of scope do you plan to add on it?
I have a Bushnell Tactical Elite HDMR w/H59 Ret. (its a beast and kind of over kill) but I love it just the same. I got out again the other day with it- did a half MOA group at 50 yards using the irons only- I am still new to shooting but I felt myself patting my back.

I really cant wait to push her out to 200 and then 300...400... and on and on until i cant no more.
I also just ended up getting a SCAR 16s, which i am thinking of a smaller QCB type of scope but staying around the $300 range...
check my posts on the scopes as I had posted pictures of it..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Thanks! I will look for the pics of the 16S. I also ordered the Tango Down charging handle and the SGS Selector.
Shoulda gotten the EACH!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will give the TD charging handle a try and may consider E.A.C.H. later. I could not find the posts on the scopes for the SCAR 16S by ScarFace.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I will give the TD charging handle a try and may consider E.A.C.H. later. I could not find the posts on the scopes for the SCAR 16S by ScarFace.
The TD handle is inferior to the EACH. The majority that did buy it hated it. Take a look at the reviews for both....night and day difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.