FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not new to FN, I've had an FNS 9, I have a 509c, but today I picked up a FNP9 that was recently traded in at my local shop. It only came with 1 mag. The guys at the shop assured me that extra mags are out there. Well, since getting home I've found that they are not out there like I was hoping.I have seen some on Ebay, and some parts there, though no recoil spring assemblies. Numrich doesn't have them either.
The gun I got today is in excellent shape, very clean inside and out. Very little evidence that it has been shot much.
I realize I've bought an orphan, but I really like the feel of it. I have high hopes for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. We had a gun show here about 3 weeks ago. It may be Spring before we have another. I'm hoping this weekend I can get out to a couple shops I rarely get to. They used to have a pretty good selection of used mags. I also hope to get to the range and give the pistol a test drive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks guys. We had a gun show here about 3 weeks ago. It may be Spring before we have another. I'm hoping this weekend I can get out to a couple shops I rarely get to. They used to have a pretty good selection of used mags. I also hope to get to the range and give the pistol a test drive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks, I saw that listed on Midwest. My gun is the full sized FNP. The ad says this mag won't fit. It looks like the only mags I'll find online are 10rd, which is okay I guess.
They sell all four components to make a 16 round magazine. The body, the plate, the catch and the spring.

Adds up to around $44.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, I saw that listed on Midwest. My gun is the full sized FNP. The ad says this mag won't fit. It looks like the only mags I'll find online are 10rd, which is okay I guess.
FNP-9 is identical to the Browning pro-9. I own the browning and my spare mag is an FN. so every part will interchange I believe. I’m not a pro though😁

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got this out to the range today. I only put 100 rds of WWB through it. It performed perfectly, no hiccups, accurate, light recoil, easy sights. The only issue was that it wouldn't always lock back on the last round. Unloaded, you have to rack the slide hard to lock it, but I figured it would be fine cycling rounds. This was the only issue. It fed, fired, and ejected rounds like a Belguim clock.
It's a very nice shooter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts