FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new SCAR 16s! Finally got a decent deal! The SCAR 16s has a very low serial number LC11***. The stock is rattling a lot more than on my SCAR 17s stock. My 16s stock works perfectly fine though.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats. Always wanted one but am getting to broken to do much shooting. Unfortunately have enough 5.56 to arm the neighborhood.
You can always sell me some 5.56 if you feel obligated lol. I'm pretty well stocked I saw the darkness at the end of the tunnel a few years ago.

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Meant the ARs. And yes, enough 5.56 to arm the ARs sufficiently. Have a feeling its going to be hard to sell ARs unless you have the mags and ammo to go with them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Meant the ARs. And yes, enough 5.56 to arm the ARs sufficiently. Have a feeling its going to be hard to sell ARs unless you have the mags and ammo to go with them.
Any AR that I've ever sold (or may sell in the near future) I've always provided a fully loaded magazine, a sling and a muzzle cap. Without a loaded mag, all you've got is an expensive club...

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Any AR that I've ever sold (or may sell in the near future) I've always provided a fully loaded magazine, a sling and a muzzle cap. Without a loaded mag, all you've got is an expensive club...
Thats why I make sure each one of my ARs have 10 30 rounders loaded to go with them, sling, and optic. Part of the package. No paperweights here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah the early ones with the black folding button tended to not be as tight. After they updated the internal design a bit they marked the newer stocks with a FDE button, at least on the FDE models.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the early ones with the black folding button tended to not be as tight. After they updated the internal design a bit they marked the newer stocks with a FDE button, at least on the FDE models.
Really, so newer model FDE model folding stocks are FDE and not black?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he means the button that releases the latch in the stock for folding purposes.

Congrats. The 16's seem to be rarer than Royal Flushes these days.
Yes, I looked that up right after he sent the post and he's right the folding stock release is def. FDE instead of black. I haven't noticed this on the SCAR 17s though, weird.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice. Congrats, 16’s are getting harder to find.
More than likely there will be a NIB Black SCAR 16S on Gunbroker tomorrow for, oh say, $1600. I'll happily take your payment now if you'd like?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts