FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all - just a qwik hello - gotta get reading my threads - just got a new scar 17s for christmas courtesy
of my gf - she is da bom !! - plus a nice leupold scope aswell - will have to get reading on
complete disassembly so i can have that looking all the same color - Happy New Year !!!

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Premium Member
10,026 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the welcomes - scars apart - im in scar screw hell - lol - ive got 6 stubborn screws - so im going with the heat treatment - ive done alot of reading on here about this issue so ive remained calm during this procedure - lol - fn is a busy place this time of year - thank god its a 1-800 number was on hold for 47 minutes yesterday but got a new complete set of screws ordered so i can atleast cerakote them along with other items - so when i do remove the stubborn ones i will be able to go right back in with the coated ones - i guess ill be getting an order in with stryker so ill have those items as well - love those stryker lowers and the whole being able to run lancer mags with those - love those lancer mags !!! - thanks again - will keep transition posted lol - happy new year !!!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Welcome....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
spoke with Brian @ Stryker today - super cool dude - even spent some $ ordered me a couple things - ill wait till i get home to place my SEAL lower order - but learned alot about the company and i was pleased with there cutomers service and i will be spending my duckets here - going with the oem scar seal instead of magpul version - decision based on large amount of scar mags in my possession already - lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok well still in scar screw HELL !!! - lol - still have 6 stubborn basturds on the upper reciever that wont budge - tried it all heat gun - soldering iron - even used my butane power probe - acetone - bees wax - there still laughing at me _ :( - i guess its off to the gunsmith and have them drilled out - already order all the screws be here tomorrow - i guess there really no easy way to get them out if they dont want to come out - lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well finally got all the screws out -basturds - lol - had to order another rear rail plate from fn should be here by friday ill get everything coated up and put back together - post up some pics - still on the fence about taking my lower apart to coat that aswell - have searched some post about disassemble and reassemble - prob should just go ahead and do it not really knowing how long before s.e.a.l. is a reality - at least this way it will match other items

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.