FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FINALLY received my 17s that I ordered well over a year ago and have been searching the web for types of optics, accessories and other tidbits. Google kept sending me to the FN Forum, so I decided to sign up! I like the forum so far, everybody seems to be helpful and courteous unlike some forums… Anyway, looking forward to perusing and adding to the forum!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
MikeTSW-welcome to FNforum.net and congrats on your new SCAR17! Awesome! Post up a few pics of that new SCAR17 of yours. We always love to see pics of SCARS:)

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. :) Congrats on your 17s and induction into to SCAR Brotherhood. :?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes guys! I've ordered an IWC SCAR Charger (not a big fan of the stock charger), and am awaiting their release of the QD-RL Sockets they have in production (I have a billion QD slings and sockets for all of my other rifles). Contemplating a new trigger (Geissele Super SCAR) and the MI SSR Rail, but I'm not sure yet if I need a longer rail or not. Extra SCAR Mags on order from Brownells, and I've got a boatload of .308 to shoot through it. All I need now is some range time!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
MikeTSW - just curious if you have looked at the SCAR E.A.C.H. by STRYKER ENTERPRISES. Its a great angled charging handle, extremely well made and beyond functional. I have the E.A.C.H. on both my 16 & 17 and really like it. Here is a pic for you from the stryker website:

View attachment 24521

Thanks for the welcomes guys! I've ordered an IWC SCAR Charger (not a big fan of the stock charger), and am awaiting their release of the QD-RL Sockets they have in production (I have a billion QD slings and sockets for all of my other rifles). Contemplating a new trigger (Geissele Super SCAR) and the MI SSR Rail, but I'm not sure yet if I need a longer rail or not. Extra SCAR Mags on order from Brownells, and I've got a boatload of .308 to shoot through it. All I need now is some range time!

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SCAR!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MikeTSW - just curious if you have looked at the SCAR E.A.C.H. by STRYKER ENTERPRISES. Its a great angled charging handle, extremely well made and beyond functional. I have the E.A.C.H. on both my 16 & 17 and really like it.
Thanks for the recommendation, I just recently saw these but had already ordered one of the IWC handles. How does one go about ordering from Stryker anyway? I've seen several things posted up about products they offer/will be offering.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, I just recently saw these but had already ordered one of the IWC handles. How does one go about ordering from Stryker anyway? I've seen several things posted up about products they offer/will be offering.
Best way is to email him on his site. Or drop him a PM.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
I would recommend that you contact Jarod Legsdin of parker mountain machine and inquire about his QD mounts. They are excellent and he is a new forum sponsor here as well. Nice looking rifle! Welcome to the brotherhood and congratulations. My next question is when (not if) are you going to be getting your Scar16? :-D

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I would recommend that you contact Jarod Legsdin of parker mountain machine and inquire about his QD mounts. They are excellent and he is a new forum sponsor here as well. Nice looking rifle! Welcome to the brotherhood and congratulations. My next question is when (not if) are you going to be getting your Scar16? :-D
I second this. Real nice addition. qd is great

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome and congrats from NC!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Go shoot it first, then figure out what sort of mods you need.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts