FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been stocking the forum for about a month. I think I have read every post in the 20s area of the forums while impatiently waiting for delivery of my new 20s. I found many good suggestions on parts to look into and have ordered a few off of your suggestions. Well it finally came in on 7-4-20, what better day to take delivery of a new firearm. I had the basic necessary parts already ordered so when it arrived I could immediately start the build. So here it is. I have a Bobro scope mount with a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 scope. I also have the Atlas BT47-LW17 PSR bipod. After the first trip out I decided that I could use a few other items so I ordered the PMM B.C.D. and their selector levers. I am looking into the PMM MLOK rails and QD sling mounts just not sure on these items yet.

I do have to say this thing is amazing after one box of ammo I was able to consistently hit a 10" gong at 600 yard with just a few click on the scope turret.

What are some of your guys suggestions of must have parts?

Look forward to the info and conversations that will come from this forum page.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome! Nice gun!! Well outfitted.
Honestly it sounds like you have the normal "go to" items covered. Dig up some ammo, grab some spare parts for just in case stuff, some extra mags, and you are pretty well outfitted.

·
Registered
435 Posts
spare charging handle.
ammo

many folks won't be breaking down their rifles in the field for any reason, maybe at the range...
but if you do and lose the small charging handle, your rifle becomes pretty useless except as a club.
i've not heard of a fire pin breaking, but it is also small and since they are not easy to find, may as well start looking.

ps: your picture would prolly be better if you uncheck this box next time.

Reactions: Mikep2478

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.

I have been looking into charge handles, I Just can't make up my mind on which one I want to change to. I think I like the Spec Ops from HDD, but its out of stock on their site.
I also have about half dozen boxes of different types of ammo. Trying to get an idea on what the gun wants. Then I'll start stocking up based on what functions best.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks all.

I have been looking into charge handles, I Just can't make up my mind on which one I want to change to. I think I like the Spec Ops from HDD, but its out of stock on their site.
I also have about half dozen boxes of different types of ammo. Trying to get an idea on what the gun wants. Then I'll start stocking up based on what functions best.
since it was designed for nato M118LR, most people have the best luck with factory ammo using the same 175gr SMK bullet (federal gold medal match being the most common).
lots of factory ammo is available with the 168gr or 175gr SMK (remington, black hills...) so you might find something that works even better.
in any case, let us know what works best for you. stick to <180gr, because the 1:12 twist won't be fast enough to make really heavy bullets spin stable.
i plan to try out the hornady superformance to see if the extra velocity might help out to 1000+, even without the SMK.

for plinking, i use sebian PPU and it works fine for a lot less.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not trying to Hijack this thread, but talking of 20's... Has anyone heard of an update on the 6.5CM 20S release date? I have had my name at the top of the list with my LGS for close to 5 months, and no one appears to be able to gain any insight. Last I heard, they were projecting an end of Aug distribution. Of course, that was the 3rd projected date I have been provided, so I'm not holding my breath. Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Not trying to Hijack this thread, but talking of 20's... Has anyone heard of an update on the 6.5CM 20S release date? I have had my name at the top of the list with my LGS for close to 5 months, and no one appears to be able to gain any insight. Last I heard, they were projecting an end of Aug distribution. Of course, that was the 3rd projected date I have been provided, so I'm not holding my breath. Cheers in advance.
a guy on snipershide said he was able to order one and expects it in 3 weeks.

Reactions: Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat

·
Registered
293 Posts
Since the 20S already comes with a Geiselle trigger, you don't need much. I went with an Atlas Bipod, PMM Magpul Miad pistol grip, KDG charging handle, an extra 10-rounder, and some ladder rail covers. That's it aside from the scope and mount.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts