FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be new to the forum but I am a big FNH fan. I bought my first FNH a Five seveN. I am not a hammerless pistol fan but love the Five seveN. I also own a FS2000 and just resonantly bought a SCAR 17S 7.62x51. Wanting to know what magazine I can use in my SCAR. I know my FS2000 does not like polymer mags. Any suggestions will be helpful.

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For the SCAR 17, unless you modify the lower or go with an after market lower, your only option is the factory mag. For the SCAR 16, check out this thread.

Reactions: tom b

·
Registered
397 Posts
SCAR 17 mags aren't hard to find these days in 10 or 20 rounds. I would stick with factory mags even if you do find the aftermarket ones. They are expensive, but it's all part of the price of playing in the 7.62 NATO/.308 playground where the rounds in the magazine can cost as much as the magazine itself, around $40.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Welcome.... in regards to the mags ( just hoard up a pile ) of the FN OEM Scar mags. Now is a pretty decent time since it is a soft market... even the 5.7 SS ammo is everywhere and cheap ( relatively ) . FN does stand behind their mags, I had dropped a full mag several times by accident , it cracked the 90 degree side wall bends @ the baseplate. I called FNH , got an RA # and sent it in for warranty, after a few months a new one had shown up in the mail.

The 5.7 has a striker fired hammer, internal - pivoting .
( I believe ) JHS is 100% on data , facts, intel regarding FN weapons. He has never led me a stray ! ( anyways )

The best mags for the FS2K are the ones " Sgt Stryker " recommends I believe the USGI from Brownels:
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/...30rd-223-5-56-usgi-cs-magazine-prod21225.aspx

I have several of those also. At times the price is about the best around . I put the MagPul ( pulls ) on them

You can often find guy's selling their extra mags down in the FNF Marketplace for reasonable prices.

Welcome to FNF and Happy New Years...

mjk1 ( Out ) !

Reactions: tom b and jhs27275

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
:welcomesigntb3: Your are getting the New Year off to a good start!

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Are you sure? Because the one I have does not have a hammer on it, it has an internal spring that releases a firing pin only when there is a magazine installed and trigger is pulled.
Yes I think I'm sure. :biggrin:

The pistols have an internal hammer.

And another FYI, the magazine safety is something totally different. :?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I stand corrected. You are correct and I apologize. It does explain the trigger pull, and why I love it so much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts