Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just picked up an FN PS90 and although I love it, it has a few problems. In no particular order it is: Too long, too loud, and too slow. :wink:

I am an 07/SOT and I am looking for all the information I can get to return this piece of equipment to looking and performing the way it was intended to.

Where can an FN PS90 newbie start?

Thanks in advance. This is a very nice site.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Don't know what to say - I find it quiet for a rifle. Too long - U can short barrel it if U like, but the gun at 26" is already shorter than any other rifle, even if you short barrel the other rifles.

As for slow - no slower than any other semi auto.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess my first post shouldn't have been such an unobvious attempt at light humor. :D

You see I am very happy with the rifle and agree with your evaluation as well. But, as a Title II Manufacturer I want to swap out to a shorter barrel, threaded 1/2x28 for a sound suppressor, while converting it to a post 86 Dealer Sample machine gun. (hence the too long, too loud and too slow comment) :p

I am looking for some direction for parts, accessories, ammo, and anything 5.7. I love the platform and since I am totally new to this system I thought I would come here to start what may be a new addiction.

Sorry for the confusion. :cool:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Didn't know you were kidding...

CMMG sells the shorter, 10" barrels to make it like the P90.

Not sure how successful you will be converting that to full auto, however. To my knowledge, it can't be done legally. Also, converting the PS90 to full auto is not an allowed topic here - so no one can tell you how to physically do it. You'll also find that sort of thing stopped at any other internet forum as well.

But, there is an NFA section here that may give you some assistance in doing the barrel conversion. Also, the folks at CMMG will help you too, if you give them a call.

·
Registered
156 Posts
CMMG makes a short barrel for it and they have a 1/2X28 threaded adaptor for it but it says the adaptor shouldn't be used with a surpressor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a Title II Mfg. Meaning that I can make post 86 dealer sample machine guns. It is what I do for a living. Nothing even remotely "grey" here. Everything completely above board.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Jeff Z said:
I am a Title II Mfg. Meaning that I can make post 86 dealer sample machine guns. It is what I do for a living. Nothing even remotely "grey" here. Everything completely above board.
If you have your title II can't you save yourself the trouble of a conversion and buy a P90?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Jeff Z said:
Ok. Well, even so - converting the PS90 to full auto isn't something we want step by step instructions on here on the site. So, no one can help you with that one. It would probably be easier to just buy a P90, as stated above.

But the short barreling would be easy enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that is an option but not always the most desirable depending on the specific situation. To deal in Title II firearms (buy. Sell. Trade) all you need is a Class 3 license. An 07 with a paid SOT is for actually manufacturing as well as all of the above. In my case, typically for R&D and T&E

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. Well, even so - converting the PS90 to full auto isn't something we want step by step instructions on here on the site. So, no one can help you with that one. It would probably be easier to just buy a P90, as stated above.......
Look,

Let's slow down. I obviously picked the wrong place to try and get any technical information. I came in here asking some legal, legitimate questions relating to my business and the firearm this site is supposed to specialize in. The forum I posted on is the "P90S Mods" topic so I certainly thought this would qualify. My bad evidently.

I have been in this business for over 20 years and am not a newbie, Internet commando, looking for step-by-step conversion instructions to do something sneaky that I am not supposed to do. Not even close. All I came here for was some nice conversation about a firearm system I just picked up and thought this would be a source for some technical info, parts sourcing, pricing information, previous trials and recommendations by other Class II's, etc. I didn't think it was a place I would get everyone's hackles raised up over working with the system in a lawful and legitimate capacity. In my first post I even posted that I was an 07/SOT so it would be clear I was on the up-and-up.

Please accept my apology for creating any misconceptions and adding to any confusion. I don't need any "step-by-step instructions" and wouldn't think it would be the subject of conversation for a general forum anyway. I'll be on my way now. Sorry for all the excitement.

Jeff Z

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'm sorry that you were offended. You have to realize - as an admin here, we are constantly dealing with people posting here, asking how to make certain weapons full auto, asking about how to bump fire, use the "rubber band" trick, etc.

We get the entire gambit. And, I am trying to keep that from happening again.

The forum rules specifically mention no discussion of conversion of semi autos to full autos. You will find this is the rule on ANY legitimate forum. I've seen similar conversations locked on the Five Seven Forum, AR15.co, Glocktalk, and many other sites. We CAN'T have detailed instructions talked about.

I tried giving you the heads up on that, with the understanding that short barreling and other mods are okay to discuss here.

Anyway, we'd like to have you here as a member as long as that topic isn't discussed.

Thanx...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
I came in here asking some legal, legitimate questions relating to my business and the firearm this site is supposed to specialize in.

I have been in this business for over 20 years and am not a newbie, Internet commando, looking for step-by-step conversion instructions to do something sneaky that I am not supposed to do. Jeff Z
Jeff, I mean .. I'm no scholar here, but if you have over 20 years of experience as you claim, you should not need advice on:

1. How to manufacture a machine gun
2. Where to get the parts to manufacture a machine gun

FYI: THIS SITE DOES NOT SPECIALIZE IN FULL AUTO CONVERSIONS !!!! and no one ever said it did. If you are trying to riase ire, may I suggest the "other" forum.

Your post would make one think that you are either extremely naive, trolling for trouble or ATF. It's like walking to a bank and asking them if they know where the nearest gun store is.

-TH

·
Banned
58 Posts
Props to the mods.

An unmoderated message site is the internet equivalent of the wall in a truckstop bathroom stall.

This site has been TREMENDOUSLY helpful for me in my purchase of a PS90, and the members here have allowed me to wander in and ask a LOT of stupid newbie questions. I read this post and I can't discern what it is you really want.

Might I suggest:

1. Read the rules
2. Be specific about what you want
3. Be courteous

The members and vendors here will help you if your needs are legit. Considering the nature of what we're talking about, I don't think it's a good idea to ask vague questions. Too much responsibility involved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, I know I am new here but you guys seem a little harsh. You will talk about SBR and suppressors, but full auto is a no no. There are legitimate dealers that ask legitimate questions. I think all Jeff Z was asking was for some information on parts and possibly a referral. I would be surprised if he ever posted here again. By the way he is an editor for Small Arms Review Magazine. I doubt any of you are familiar with that publication.

Sorry for the rant, but I signed up to ask about a Grenade launcher for the F2000. After I see Jeff Z's treatment I am not going to ask.
Bob

A

·
0 Posts
I think that for his very first post, given the nature of what he wanted, what else could anyone think. On many forums, we see the guys who want to convert semi guns to full autos. I think everyone was nice to him: as nice as can be. Help was offered, but it was explained that conversions of the PS90 is not an open topic here.

Nothing wrong with that. It's even in the forum rules. So, what else can be said.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wow, I know I am new here but you guys seem a little harsh. You will talk about SBR and suppressors, but full auto is a no no. There are legitimate dealers that ask legitimate questions. I think all Jeff Z was asking was for some information on parts and possibly a referral. I would be surprised if he ever posted here again. By the way he is an editor for Small Arms Review Magazine. I doubt any of you are familiar with that publication.

Sorry for the rant, but I signed up to ask about a Grenade launcher for the F2000. After I see Jeff Z's treatment I am not going to ask.
Bob
the reason being sbr`s and suppressors are legally obtainable by private citizens, how ever post 86`s full auto`s are not. Having said that we dont want are site to look like some loop hole or gray area site for obtaining any illegal information (not like there is any). I think that just about sums it up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright fair enough, I think he was just asking for a referral of where to get the parts or a legitimate class 2 who doing the conversions. Maybe next time you can just say we do not talk about full auto here, go to subguns.com

Bob

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.