FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 1st FiveSeven and I am very excited to take it out the range but noticed in the manual it states that only SS192 ammo should be used.

Brand new unfired with 3 twenty round mags. Has the flat trigger guard not the round or glove friendly older style, (bummer).

Can I use the SS197 as it appears that the SS192 is no longer manufactured.

Any comments?
:-?

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
dskjl said:
Just picked up my 1st FiveSeven and I am very excited to take it out the range but noticed in the manual it states that only SS192 ammo should be used.

Brand new unfired with 3 twenty round mags. Has the flat trigger guard not the round or glove friendly older style, (bummer).

Can I use the SS197 as it appears that the SS192 is no longer manufactured.

Any comments?
:-?
You are right, that IS what the manual says.

SS192, SS195LF and SS197SR are the three civi cartridges for the 5.7x28 platform. The SS192 is expensive and hard to find. The SS195LF is the replacement for SS192. You can fire any of these three ammo products with no problems. The manaul was printed before these other cartridges became available.

There are ammo aftermarker offerings from a couple of sources.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Congrats dskjl :?
As stated, any "factory" ammo will work just fine for FNH.
There is other "non-factory/aftermarket" ammo out there that are interesting as well but you risk voiding your warranty with those, so its up to you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FiveSeven ammo

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info, looks like it's time for a trip to the range.

Thanks again,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts